Rainforest Skywalk, Hanging Bridges And Jungle River Cruise ComboExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Rainforest Skywalk, Hanging Bridges And Jungle River Cruise Combo
Experience Costa Rica's natural wonders, in the trees and on the water.
This amazing treetop adventure begins with a pickup from the pier and a relaxing drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside towards the Central Pacific Coast. The drive is approximately one hour and en route your guide will point out many sights of interest as you pass through rural farming communities, diverse fruit stands and coffee, sugar and citrus plantations.
Your destination is Villa Lapas Eco Hotel, set amidst a 500-acre rain forest reserve. You'll feel one with nature as you experience the forest canopy via a series of skywalks and hanging bridges. This leisurely 1.5-mile walk will immerse your senses, from the delightfully earthy aroma of the forest to the lush greens of the flora, from the excitement of seeing the forest animals to the vocalizations of the howler monkeys and the brilliantly colored Scarlet Macaws.
After exploring the treetops, your tour continues with a short drive to the Tarcoles River, where a 60-minute eco boat tour will allow you to enjoy the abundant wildlife of the area, including huge crocodiles, multiple aquatic birds, and other amazing tropical species.
After these two great adventures, you'll return to Puntarenas. Here, you'll have the choice of returning to your ship or taking some time to explore the city's boulevards, visit a cafe or do some shopping. You'll find the cruise pier is right nearby, so you'll find your ship with ease.
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- We recommend that you bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, a backpack to store cameras and other belongings, and a raincoat during the rainy season (September-November).
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- After the adventure, you will enjoy some fresh tropical fruit and iced tea.
- Lunch is not included in your tour.
- All participants must be able to walk 1.5 miles and navigate steps and elevation changes.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also, check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week