Coastal Cruise And Rainforest HikeExplore > United States > Ketchikan > Coastal Cruise And Rainforest Hike
A real adventure to a faraway island...by land and sea!
Even those of you who park in the closest parking space at the mall will have fun on this entertaining trip!
Experience the best of Alaska during this 4-hour excursion.
Our tour begins at the harbor, where you'll board an inflatable boat for an exciting cruise and tour of the shoreline and its inhabitants. While cruising along, keep your eyes open for whales, sea lions, porpoises, seals, and a host of birds, including our famous bald eagles (if they're cooperating!). Your guides will educate you on life along the shore, which is part of the food chain in Alaska.
You'll leave your inflatable boat on the beach and begin a wonderful hike into the temperate coastal rainforest on Betton Island. Your guide has been here so frequently that even the slightest change in the scenery will catch his eye. Flowers, wildlife, and perhaps a new eagle's nest will line your path as you listen to tales about Alaskan life.
- We suggest that you dress in layers, wear comfortable shoes, and bring your camera.
- Tour times vary daily and will be assigned upon confirmation. During check out you will have a choice between a morning or afternoon program. We will also ask if you have any other tours booked while in port.
- This tour operates in most weather conditions. Rain gear will be provided.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants.
- This hike is not stressful, but you should be able to walk on uneven terrain and stairs. The trail does have an incline.
- You must be in good physical condition to participate in this program.
- Please note: Children must weigh a minimum of 40 pounds.
Days offered: 7 days a week