You'll be in Hawaiian heaven with this hike to a hidden waterfall.
For a waterfall hiking trail less traveled, the tour operator has access to private land, providing a unique and memorable hike few others will experience.
Escape the crowds with this family-friendly guided hike on private land, surrounded by the lush Hawaiian rainforest in all its glory. Hawaii has a great climate for hiking, with an average temperature of 80 degrees. But you'll find the slightly cooler temps of the rainforest make for perfect hiking weather.
As we begin the 1.5-mile round-trip trek, your knowledgeable local guide, who has grown up traversing Hawaii's varied and beautiful terrain, will inform you about the geology of these volcanic islands as well as the local flora and fauna, some of which is indigenous only to Hawaii.
Passing towering trees, lush ferns, and other tropical foliage, the trail rises and falls, twists and turns and delivers you to a hidden waterfall. Somehow, waterfalls seem to have the unique ability to be both serene and powerful at the same time. Take a few moments to appreciate this 30' natural wonder and its nearby streams. Or if you're in the mood, splash a bit in the shallow pool at the waterfall's base. Take advantage of the lookout points for fantastic views of Oahu's windward coast and its Ko' olau Mountains before returning to Waikiki.
- Please wear clothing, socks and close-toed shoes that are appropriate for hiking. We recommend bringing a rain jacket. Rain ponchos will be available if necessary as this tour operates rain or shine.
- Bring an extra pair of shoes and socks and a plastic bag if you'd like to splash in the natural pool.
- Water output at the falls will vary with recent rainfall.
- Please note that this tour does not pick up from all hotels. If we are not able to pick up from your hotel, a nearby pickup location will be designated. Specific meeting instructions will be included on your voucher after purchasing this tour. If you have questions, please contact ShoreTrips.
- This hike is mild to moderate over a dirt trail with rocks and roots. Please be aware the trail can be muddy and slippery when wet. Hiking time is approximately 1.5 hours and covers a little less than 2 miles round trip.
- This tour can accommodate up to 14 hikers.
Days offered: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday