Stroll the streets of Bar Harbor, a small town that's big on flavor.
The charming town of Bar Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island (that's desert, not dessert. Dessert comes later.).
Take in the ambiance and the flavor of the seaside town of Bar Harbor while strolling around the Village Green and the harbor. You'll be treated to an amazing array of tastes, accompanied by a generous serving of local history, fun facts, and lore.
Each tour varies a little based on time and season but many of the tastes you will enjoy are created by the sea while others find their inspiration from the countryside.
While seafood of all types abound in town, the name Bar Harbor is synonymous with lobster (or should we say "lobstah"?) and we'd be remiss if we didn't include a sample of these tasty crustaceans. Every tour includes one of Bar Harbor's famous lobster rolls, a delicious treat, indeed.
Maine is the world's largest producer of wild blueberries so you can count on tasting these delightful berries in one configuration or another. Potatoes will also be featured in every tour. It might be duck-fat fries or even that exclusively "Maine Thing", needham, a dark chocolate-covered coconut cream confection, made with potatoes.
You might be treated to a craft beer along the way, or maybe a coffee drink. But whatever the tastings of the day, you can be certain that this small group experience will leave you with a full belly and some new friends.
- It is a very short walk from the cruise ship pier to the meeting location. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Please alert us in advance to any allergies or dietary restrictions. We will do our best to accommodate.
- All food and beverage tastings are included.
- Gratuities are appreciated.
- Tour will run rain or shine.
- Selection of foods may change and the order of the tour may change.
- Most of the tour you will be standing; a couple of stops will have seats.
- We suggest bringing water in a refillable bottle.
- Wear a hat or bring sunscreen.
- This tour is available from May - October.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants and takes a maximum of 14 per departure.
- This tour can be enjoyed by all ages.
- Several but not all of the stops will have restroom facilities.
- This tour can accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free requests but not vegan requests.
- You must be 21 years old to consume alcohol.
Days offered: 7 days a week