Dominican Safari And Playa Dorada Beach BreakExplore > Dominican Republic > Puerto Plata > Dominican Safari And Playa Dorada Beach Break
The perfect combination of sightseeing, action and relaxation.
A delightful way for you and your group to make the most of your time in the Dominican Republic.
Your tour will begin with an introduction to the bustling city of Puerto Plata. Drawn to its natural port, Christopher Colombus discovered Puerto Plata in the late 1490s. You'll hear many interesting details as you drive through the historic Victorian district and along the Malecon.
Soon, you'll arrive at the starting point for your safari tour, a ranch located in a small Dominican village. You'll receive an orientation before boarding your open-air, safari-style vehicle for a rollicking ride on Puerto Plata's country back roads. As you travel along, your guide will provide a glimpse into everyday Dominican life at stops along the way. You'll take a break for a cooling dip at a natural, spring-fed, river "pool" before returning to the ranch, where you'll be offered welcome and delicious tastings of coffee and rum.
Now it's on to Golden Beach...known for its golden sand, gentle breezes, brilliant shades of turquoise water! Upon your arrival, you will be greeted with a complimentary "specialty of the house" beverage before leading you to the beach area where there are ample loungers and sea beds for your use. You'll have about an hour to do whatever you desire...swimming, frolicking in the surf, sunbathing, strolling along the beach; getting a quick bite to eat or refreshing beverage from the beach restaurant and bar or maybe even taking a nap.
- The walk to the meeting location takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Although this tour is not available for those with limited mobility, if you prefer not to walk we suggest:
- Taking the complimentary, rickshaw-like, chauffeured, "pedi-cabs" available from the gangway to the taxi area (a tip is expected).
- At the taxi area, you can take a taxi to the meeting location outside the main gate for the lowest posted rate (flat rate for up to 5 guests).
- Bring everything you need for a day at the beach...swimsuit, towel, sunblock, sunglasses and a change of clothing.
- A complimentary beverage is included upon arrival at the beach. Additional food and beverages are available for purchase.
- This group trip requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate.
- The minimum age to participate is 6 years old.
- All participants must be in good physical condition and be able to navigate uneven terrain and sandy areas unassisted. Those with respiratory, heart, back or neck problems should not participate.
- This tour is not available for travelers with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week