Private: Beach Escape In Puerto Plata With City HighlightsExplore > Dominican Republic > Puerto Plata > Private: Beach Escape In Puerto Plata With City Highlights
When is a beach day not just a beach day? When it also includes a city tour!
Did you know that some of the footage from Jurassic Park was filmed right near Amber Cove?
After your departure from the cruise pier, your informative driver will introduce you to the bustling city of Puerto Plata. Drawn to its natural port, Puerto Plata was discovered by Christopher Columbus in the late 1490's. Your guide will fill you in on many more interesting details about this city, including photo stops at several famous and historic locations.
Now it's on to the beach...white sand, gentle breezes, brilliant shades of turquoise water! Upon you arrival, you will be greeted with a complimentary "specialty of the house" beverage and shown to your complimentary lounger. You'll have the option to purchase authentic Dominican fare from a casually elegant beach cafe.
It's time to spend the next couple hours doing whatever you desire, swimming, frolicking in the surf, sunbathing, strolling along the beach or maybe even taking a nap. This is the perfect day in a tropical paradise.
- The walk to the meeting location takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Although this tour is not available for those using wheelchairs, walkers or canes, if you do have somewhat limited mobility, we suggest:
- Taking the complimentary, rickshaw-like, chauffeured, "pedi-cabs" available from the gangway to the the taxi area (a tip is expected).
- At the taxi area you can take a taxi to the meeting location outside the main gate for the lowest posted rate (flat rate for up to 5 guests).
- Food and beverages are not included in the tour cost, though will be available for purchase.
- Bring everything you need for a day at the beach...swimsuit, towel, sunblock, sunglasses and a change of clothing.
- The program isn't recommended for travelers with limited mobility. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- You must be at least 6 years old to participate in this program.
Days offered: 7 days a week