Amber Cove ATV Adventure And Playa Dorada Beach BreakExplore > Dominican Republic > Puerto Plata > Amber Cove ATV Adventure And Playa Dorada Beach Break
This adult-only tour promises a muddy, dusty, off-road adventure.
Although this tour is for adults only, channel your inner child and get wet and muddy, without your mom getting mad.
Following a meet and greet with your guide you will board an air-conditioned vehicle for a fully narrated drive through the heart of Puerto Plata (designed by none other than Christopher Columbus), focusing on the Victorian District and the Malecon.
Turning off the main road, you'll pass through a local village as your guide informs you about daily family life in the Dominican Republic.
Upon arrival at base camp, you will be outfitted with safety equipment (including helmets, goggles and bandanas) and receive instructions on how to safely operate these stable, side-by-side ATV buggies.
With your experienced guide leading the charge, bump your way along back roads and even off-road through the Dominican countryside. Drive through muddy streams and cruise alongside rivers. Embrace the dirt. It'll be the most fun you've had in a long time!
A nearby spring-fed pool offers the opportunity to cool off and remove that first layer of mud. Ahhh, refreshing! From here we head back to our base, where treats of local coffee and rum tasting await.
After the action of the ATV's, your transport delivers you to nearby Playa Dorada Beach, famous for its soft golden sand, gentle breezes and swaying palms. Your complimentary lounger (first-come, first-served, but plentiful) is the perfect spot for relaxing in the Caribbean sun. Or if you prefer, go for a swim in the inviting turquoise waters or stroll the beach for shells. The seaside restaurant is a great place to enjoy a drink and a bite to eat.
- The walk to the meeting location takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing and a change of clothing (you will get dirty and wet – its half the fun!)
- Wear closed-toe shoes or sport sandals with a back-strap.
- Bring sunglasses, sunblock, a swimsuit and towel.
- Cost of food and beverages at the beach or other purchases are not included in the price of the tour.
- You must be 18 years old to be a driver on the tour. You must be at least 12 years old to be a rider. If you do not meet the age requirements, no refunds will be issued.
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license.
- This tour is priced per ATV buggy. Each vehicle holds 2 passengers, one driver and one rider.
- This tour is not available for those with limited mobility.
- All participants must be in good physical condition and free from respiratory, heart, back, knee or neck problems.
- Guests must be able to easily navigate uneven terrain and sandy areas unassisted.
Days offered: 7 days a week