Icons Of Stockholm: Old Town, Vasa Museum And A Toast At The Ice Bar From NynashamnExplore > Sweden > Stockholm > Icons Of Stockholm: Old Town, Vasa Museum And A Toast At The Ice Bar From Nynashamn
An experience you can have only in Stockholm!
This tour takes you around Stockholm to enjoy some of the city's most unique experiences. Our first stop is to one of the best preserved 17th century warships in the world--the Vasa Museum. Although the ship was considered an enormous failure when she was built, her story has now transformed into a great success.
The present museum is built around the 17th century warship, which sank in Stockholm's inner harbor on her maiden voyage in 1628. Its discovery in 1956, and subsequent salvage in 1961, is one of the most important events in marine archaeology. Painstakingly restored to much of its original magnificence, the Vasa represents an authentic piece of living history.
Continuing on, we'll walk the streets of Old Town. This is where the Stockholm saga started, 800 years ago, as the islands in the area emerged from the water. Enjoy the outside air and the refreshing walk on the ancient cobblestones between colorful houses.
We'll visit the main square, Stortorget, surrounded by 17th century buildings, and have a look at the Swedish Academy, where the Nobel Prize-winner in Literature is announced every year. On the ground floor, you'll find the Nobel Museum, where pictures of all laureates go around on a clothes line.
We'll continue with a relaxing drive through the city center of Stockholm and onto the world's first permanent Icebar. The interior of the icebar is kept at a temperature of -5 degrees Celsius year-round. The entire interior, including the glasses, are made of pure, clear ice from the Tome River in Northern Sweden. In order to keep you comfortable, we provide all of our guests with warm fur ponchos and gloves before entering.
A vodka drink will be served in an ice glass and the staff will tell you more about the bar, as well as its construction.
- We'll be walking on cobblestone streets for a portion of this tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Entrance fees are included in the price of this tour.
- Icebar visit is subject to availability due to limited time slots – book early to secure a slot.
- Tour order may be rearranged based on conditions of the day.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this program.
- Please note that your cruise ship docks in Nynäshamn, which is approximately one hour from Stockholm. Your driver will meet you in Nynäshamn and bring you to your guide in Stockholm. The guide will remain with you until the tour ends in Stockholm. The transfer back to Nynäshamn is with your driver only.
Days offered: 7 days a week