Private: Catamaran Cruise To Turtle Cove With Beach StopExplore > Virgin Islands (U.S.) > St. Thomas > Private: Catamaran Cruise To Turtle Cove With Beach Stop
It'll be smoooooth sailing for your group of up to 6 on this beautiful 45' catamaran!
Your day, your way. A little snorkeling, a little relaxing...a whole lotta fun!
Step aboard this nicely appointed catamaran, waiting to whisk you and your group away from the crowds to your own Caribbean paradise. As the boat pulls away from the dock, your experienced and knowledgeable captain and first mate will relate the interesting history of Charlotte Amalie en route to Turtle Cove at Buck Island.
This spacious catamaran offers comfortable seating choices for every guest, from spreading out on the sunny trampolines to catch the cooling ocean spray, to relaxing in the beanbag chairs, to sitting in the shade of the covered cockpit. No matter where you sit, make sure to watch the horizon for sea birds and flying fish.
In about an hour or so, you'll arrive at Buck Island, located in a National Wildlife Refuge. Your captain will lower the swim ladder for easy access to the water for the swimmers and snorkelers in your group. While there are no guarantees of sea life sightings, it's very likely you'll get a close-up look at the friendly sea turtles, as they are used to sharing their space with snorkelers (but please don't touch). You'll want to keep your underwater camera at the ready! If staying on board is more your style, you might still see turtles when they surface for air. Other fish and rays often make an appearance as well.
After 30 to 60 minutes of snorkeling and swimming fun (depending on the wishes of your group), it's time to climb back on board the boat, enjoy some snacks and soft drinks and head to the incredibly beautiful Honeymoon Beach, located at Water Island. If the wind is right, your captain can shut off the engines to experience the thrill of pure sailing. If you're so inclined, help hoist the sails or even take a turn at the helm.
Once at Water Island, hop into the dinghy for a dry ride to the beach, where you'll have time to relax on a lounger under the swaying palms, stroll the beach, grab a bite and a beverage at one of the restaurants available, or check out the undersea life with another snorkel session. After a relaxing 90 minutes or so, you'll once more board the catamaran for the return to Charlotte Amalie.
- St. Thomas has 2 cruise ship piers.
For passengers docking at the Havensight/WICO dock, it is a 5-15-minute walk to your charter boat. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
For passengers docking at the Crown Bay/Monsanto dock, you will be picked up (and dropped off) by your captain. It's about a 15-minute walk to the meeting spot. THERE IS A $45 CASH ONLY MARINA FEE PAYABLE AT THE TIME OF THE TOUR, FOR THIS SERVICE. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
Hotel guests will drive or take a taxi to the marina. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- The sun's rays are quite strong in the Caribbean. Bring a hat, reef safe sunblock, sunglasses and maybe a t-shirt for extra protection. Bring or wear your swimsuit and please bring a towel.
- If you have your own snorkel gear, we suggest you bring it along to ensure a good fit.
- Food, beverages, and souvenirs are available for purchase at Water Island. Please bring cash or a credit card to make any purchases.
- Catamarans are a stable and comfortable ride. However, if you have a history of seasickness, please take preventative measures.
- If you would like a different departure time, please contact ShoreTrips.
- The industry standard gratuity of 15-20% for exceptional service is not included but greatly appreciated by your captain and crew.
- The minimum age to participate in this tour is 5 years old.
- Please note that the catamaran is not available September 8th-30th.
- Guests must be able to walk to the catamaran and step aboard, then step down into the boat.
- Please be aware that guests will be taken from the boat to Honeymoon Beach by dinghy. You must be able to step in and out of the dinghy from the boat.
- For safety reasons, your captain requests that you remove your shoes while on the boat.
- There is a restroom on board the boat.
- This tour is not available for those with limited mobility.
- There is no smoking allowed on the boat.
- Your captain reserves the right to return any guests back to the pickup location who are unruly or refuse to obey safety instructions. No refunds will be given.
Days offered: 7 days a week