Hoonah City And Brewery TourExplore > United States > Icy Strait/Hoonah > Hoonah City And Brewery Tour
Some sightseeing and some beer drinking!
In 1944, a devastating fire left most of Hoonah in ruins. You would never know it, though, as local residents rallied to rebuild and create a community stronger than ever.
Hoonah is a small town that has a lot to offer. Or at least everything you may want when visiting Alaska. With origins as a logging town, and now a lively fishing village, the locals here have a deep relationship with the land that feeds them. Oh, and the views aren't bad either.
With a local as your guide, you will be introduced to all of the places that make Hoonah so special, beginning with a scenic ride to the largest Tlingit settlement in Alaska.
After a short sightseeing tour, we are off to an establishment locals love to brag about--a local craft brewery. This local brewery transforms crystal clear waters from mountain streams into several varieties of frothy, hoppy goodness. A flight of 3 of their finest products (light, medium and dark) are included for your tasting pleasure along with popcorn sprinkled with an unusual but delicious locally made seasoning blend. Locals say it's the best beer in all of Alaska. We'll let you decide for yourself.
- Depending on where your ship is docked, it will be either about a 10-minute walk to the meeting location or a 3-minute gondola ride (possible additional cost), followed by a 10-minute walk to the meeting location. Hotel guests will need to find their own way to the meeting location. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time. Out of courtesy to other guests, all tours depart on time.
- Snacks and beverages are included in the price of this tour.
- Please dress in layers to be prepared for any weather conditions.
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol and must show valid proof of age.
- Those under 21 are welcome on the tour and will receive soda and root beer.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 to operate.
- This tour can accommodate up to 20 passengers.
- This tour is available to those with walkers.
- This tour is not available for those with wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- The last day this tour operates is September 10, 2019.
Days offered: 7 days a week