St. Kitts Buggy And Beach DayExplore > Saint Kitts and Nevis > Saint Kitts > St. Kitts Buggy And Beach Day
Explore the rugged beauty of St. Kitts with this off-road buggy adventure.
With side-by-side seating, these buggies offer much better visibility and more comfort for the rider over standard ATVs. With full safety equipment, including premium suspension, seat belts and latched doors, you'll be able to devote your attention to the adventure.
We begin with an orientation session to get you acquainted with the features of these fun vehicles and once you're comfortable, we're off for a day of adventure in these 2-person buggies.
The typography of St. Kitts is rugged and hilly so you have chosen the perfect way to see the island. With your experienced guide in the lead, we'll visit Wingfield Estate, set in the beautiful foothills of the island's main mountain range. Much of this estate was unearthed during an archeological dig in 2010 with the discovery of a rum distillery. You'll learn about the history of this first sugar cane estate on St. Kitts, which was at one time owned by Thomas Jefferson's great, great, great grandfather.
There are other sugar plantation ruins to explore and you'll have a blast bumping your way from one to the next via the winding sugar cane trails. En route, we'll pass through rural villages and local farms and perhaps see some exotic wildlife as we make our way through the lush rainforest.
We will drive past Brimstone Hill Fortress. The fortress itself is located 800' up the slope of a mountain and is a testament to the engineering, building skill and hard, dangerous work required to construct it.
There will be plenty of stops along the way to enjoy the scenery and take some great photos.
Once we are done exploring the island via buggy, we'll unwind at the beautiful Carambola beach. Here, we'll relax and take in the cool refreshing waters of the Caribbean Sea before you are taken back to the ship.
- Wear closed-toed shoes and bring sunglasses and sunblock.
- This can be a dusty experience. We recommend you bring a bandana and a bottle of water.
- Maximum 16 people per time slot.
- Minimum age to participate is 6 years old.
- Must be 16 years old to drive. Please bring your drivers license.
- Any passengers under 16 must be in a buggy with a parent driving.
- Maximum weight 300 lbs. per person.
- You may not participate in this excursion if you are pregnant, have heart or back conditions, experience vertigo, anxiety, and/or any other physical condition.
Days offered: 7 days a week