Oahu Forest, Farm And Hiking Adventure
Venture outside the hotel zone for an exploration of Oahu's west side.
Immerse yourself in an authentic Hawaiian experience as we explore the intersection of West Oahu’s natural and cultural histories through its historic sites, stories, people, and food. As we work our way from the beach to the forested mountains above, your interpretive guide will take you on a journey through time that includes two locations not open to the public.
This family-friendly combo tour takes you to places you didn't even imagine existed on the beautiful island Oahu. You'll visit historic sites, hike on private land, tour an organic farm and enjoy a farm-to-fork lunch, all providing a true taste of Hawaii at its finest.
You'll first head to Kuilioloa Heiau, a small peninsula on the Waianae Coast. This lovely place has historically been known as a spot for teaching navigation, fishing, and other ocean-related subjects. Over the years Kuilioloa Heiau has become known as a location for quiet reflection and a place to honor lost loved-ones. Feel the serenity as you admire the breathtaking 270-degree ocean views with the Waianae Mountain Range as your backdrop.
After reflecting on the past you'll travel to catch a glimpse of Hawaii's future with a visit to an organic farm with a mission. Not only does this farm produce the freshest, tastiest fruits and vegetables for area grocers and restaurants, it also operates a youth leadership training program, providing internship programs for college students. The students learn about caring for the earth, growing sustainable crops and the importance of contributing to their community. You'll sample some of the farm's produce a little later in the day during your lunch break.
A delicious lunch at a favorite cafe, made with ingredients from the farm you just visited, will delight everyone in your group. Farm-grown greens and hapa rice will be offered with each entree (which you will choose during the check-out process). This cafe offers not only fantastic food but a 180-degree panoramic view of the ocean and mountains.
Rejuvenated by your tasty local lunch you'll explore yet another part of Oahu rarely seen. A gentle downhill hike through forested private lands of the Waianae mountains provides a unique experience reserved just for guests of this tour. Top off your trail exploration with captivating views, including Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and Diamond Head.
- This tour involves 2 hikes, one .5 miles in length, the other 1.5 miles in length. Please wear close-toed comfortable walking shoes and bring a light jacket.
- Cruise passengers will be picked up at the cruise ship pier.
- The tour company provides pickups at select hotels. If you are not staying at one of these hotels, we will recommend the closest location for pickup. In that case, you will need to find your own transportation to the pickup site. Specific information will be included on your voucher.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to operate.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 12 guests.
- This tour is not available for those with limited mobility.
- Guests must be able to walk on some uneven terrain.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday