Private: Jeep, Jade Cavern And Beach AdventureExplore > Mexico > Cozumel > Private: Jeep, Jade Cavern And Beach Adventure
A great combo tour with off-roading, swimming, snorkeling, lunch, even a visit to a tequila factory.
You're in the land of the Mayans. Explore jungle paths, caverns, cenotes and beaches as you learn about Mayan culture, all while having a blast negotiating the terrain in your rugged Jeep.
This tour begins with a bang as our first stop is a local tequilera. You'll learn how this distinctly Mexican spirit is distilled and the various nuances which contribute to different tastes, aromas, and colors. We'll sample just a taste or two so you're still in great condition to continue the tour.
Heading east, we stop to admire the beautiful beaches of San Martin, with soft white sand, and brilliant blue water. Your guide will inform you about the sea turtle nests and hatching that takes place in this pristine area.
Back on the road, we drive the island's winding roads through dense forests and lush vegetation and soon arrive at the historic town of El Cedral, home to the oldest Mayan Ruins on Cozumel. Your guide's narration will make history come alive as you hear about this former center of Mayan life.
It's now time for some serious fun as our off-road adventure heats up. We'll bump and bounce our way deep into the jungle, through lush vegetation to the hidden Jade Cavern and Cenote, a place sacred to the Mayans. It's a bit of a hike to the Cavern on a rugged trail, making the cool, jade-colored waters all the more refreshing when you take the plunge. As you swim, enjoy the stalactites overhead, adding to the unique ambiance of this special place.
From here we cruise to a great beach club (beach chair included) for some sustenance following our active tour. You'll have your choice of several Mexican lunch options, including fajitas, quesadillas or nachos.
At this point, you might want to relax and catch some rays on the soft white sand. But for those looking for a bit more action, dive in to see what's happening underwater. Your guide will provide all the snorkel gear you'll need, mask, fins, snorkel, and flotation devices, as well as instructions for anyone new to this enjoyable activity. Just offshore lies the protected Chankanaab Reef system, with warm, shallow water that is home to abundant tropical fish and a coral fan garden.
- The entrance fees to El Cedral, Jade Caverns and Cenote are not included in the price of the tour and costs $12 per person total. It must be paid in cash (USD or pesos) at the time of the tour.
- Your Jeep is equipped with seat belts.
- You will be driving an automatic transmission Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Patriot. If you'd like a manual transmission or soft top Jeep, please contact ShoreTrips at time of booking.
- Your professional guide will make stops along the way and at that time you can trade places with others in your Jeep, sharing the roles of driver and passenger.
- Bring a swimsuit, towel, water shoes, reef-safe sunblock, sunglasses, a hat and water shoes for any aquatic activity.
- There is a fresh-water shower available at Jade Caverns.
- We recommend a change of clothing and insect repellent.
- Neither the cenote nor the beach club has a lifeguard. Swimming is at your own risk.
- There is a beach chair included at the beach club.
- Please be aware of the time difference between some ships and local time.
- Bring extra money for additional food and beverage purchases, gratuities and other incidentals.
- Someone in your party must drive the jeep.
- Minimum age to drive is 18 years old and you must provide a valid driver's license at the time of the tour.
- When there are 5 passengers, 2 people will sit in the front seat, 3 people will sit in the back.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult driver.
- You must be 18 years old to drink any alcohol, including beer and tequila on this tour.
- Guests with neck, back, or hip ailments, those who have had recent surgery and pregnant women are not allowed to participate in this tour.
- Guests under the influence, or appearing to be under the influence, of alcohol or other substances will not be allowed to operate a Jeep.
- Booster seats cannot be used in the jeeps.
- Please notify ShoreTrips of any dietary restrictions or food allergies during the checkout process. We will do our best to accommodate.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday