This is truly an inspiring day in a busy city.
Your guide will meet you as you disembark while your ride into Bangkok will ready you for an intense and fascinating day in this city named Number 1 in the world. As you enter the city, the traffic will amass but your driver will know the ins, outs and the shortcuts wherever possible. Even seeing the contrasts on the local roads is entertaining.
One stunning stop is the Grand Palace built in 1784. The complex is amazing, a memorable sight of Thai art and architecture. In the midst of the very bustling city, you will feel the calm and quiet of Buddhism surround you. There are 10 parts to this complex and your guide will walk and talk you through the important sites.
Moving on to the Klong tour, you will explore the 'Venice of the East' on the canals off of the Chao Phraya River, where a network of waterways spread out into the countryside. Canalside life will be close at hand and often you won't know where to look first, but you can't help but enjoy taking in everything around you.
Wat Pho is the Reclining Buddha and it is here that you will become speechless. In Bangkok's oldest and largest temple you'll find the stunning Buddha lying on its side. You will be able to walk around the entire statue in wonderment, like everyone around you, and you will then understand the magic of this city.
Another facet of the city are the flower markets which is a favorite of many travelers. The profusion of sights, sounds, and smells at Bangkok's biggest flower, vegetable and fruit market threatens to cause sensory overload at any time of day or night. Many of these talented people will turn everyday items into unbelievable displays of beauty. Take it all in!
The day's itinerary may be reversed based on traffic flow but sometime during the day, you will enjoy a local lunch.
- Lunch is included in the tour. Beverages are additional.
- Laem Chabang to Bangkok is about 2.5 hours each way.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
- You will need to provide your passport information at the time of the booking.
- You must dress appropriately in the palace and WatPho. No sandals, shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed. We suggest carrying a shawl to cover your shoulders if you have no sleeves.
- You will be required to remove your shoes at most of the temples. If you are adverse to this, you should bring socks or surgical booties otherwise you will not be allowed in.
- Please note there are several cruise piers in and around Bangkok. If your ship changes itinerary, there may be a change in cost. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
Days offered: 7 days a week