It's bike, hike, and bike again before quenching your thirst at the local brewery.
The best tours are those that provide a bonus at the end. In this case, your biking and hiking efforts will be rewarded with craft beer tasting at the local brewery.
From the Haines cruise ship pier, it's a very short walk to the bike shop, where you'll be fitted with a great bike and all necessary gear before beginning the tour.
For your enjoyment, the group size is kept small, with a maximum of just 8 riders per guide. We pedal along a scenic coastal path as we make our way to the Battery Point Trailhead, about a 2-mile ride. Here we'll switch from 2 wheels to 2 feet for the 1.5-mile trek along the well-maintained Battery Point Trail. Delight in the moss-covered, old growth trees and wildflowers as we hike through the Alaska rainforest en route to Battery Point Beach.
The pebbly beach is lovely, with great views of the fjord and mountains beyond, and variety of wildlife. You're most likely to find seals, sea lions, many types of birds, and even whales along the shore.
We'll make the hike back to our bikes and wheel our way along the waterfront to the Haines Brewing Company in downtown Haines. Waiting for you is the promised reward of three 5-ounce samples of the brewery's frothy best. Root beer and tea are available for those under 21 or preferring not to imbibe. We're sure that you have already worked off all the calories found in your beer.
From here it's just a mile back to the bike shop, where you'll finish the tour, happy and satisfied!
- This tour includes the use of all necessary equipment, including bike helmets.
- Wear sport shoes and layered clothing. Rain jacket, pants, and fleece gloves will be provided.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 for this tour. The tour operator will match you with other tour participants to meet the 2 person minimum.
- You must be at least 13 years old and 4’6” tall to take this tour.
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol and must provide valid proof of age.
- This tour includes approximately 5 miles of biking and 2-3 miles of hiking on dirt roads.
- Due to trail issues in 2021, the hike portion may be moved from Battery Point to another location.
- Guests must be confident on a bicycle with hand brakes on flat terrain.
- This tour is not available on Sundays in 2021.
- This tour is available from May 15 - September 15.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday