St. Kitts - Short And SweetExplore > Saint Kitts and Nevis > Saint Kitts > St. Kitts - Short And Sweet
See the highlights of St. Kitts and still have time to go to the beach, shop or explore on your own.
With an emphasis on historical, cultural and scenic sites, this driving tour is a nice way to get the "lay of the land" and is perfect for those who prefer to not do a lot of walking.
Our tour begins with a drive through the bright and colorful capitol of Basseterre. We'll see many sites, including Independence Square, a lovely landscaped square built to commemorate the independence of St. Kitts and Nevis in 1983 and the Governor General's residence, also known as Springfield House, the home of Sir S.W. Tapley Seaton, the current Governor General of the Federation of St. Kitts-Nevis.
A stop will be made at the War Memorial, which commemorates the residents of St. Kitts and Nevis who lost their lives during World Wars I and II.
A scenic drive brings us to Ross Veterinary University, where devoted students undertake the studies needed to care for all animals, small or large, feathered or furry, even those who call the ocean their home.
The tour continues with a beautiful drive along the coast, paralleling the narrow gauge St. Kitts Railroad route, passing Monkey Hill. As we make our way to the Atlantic side of the island and into Conaree, known as a great place for bodysurfing, gorgeous scenery awaits around every bend. We'll pass upscale resorts, such as Koi, Half Moon Bay and the Marriott and make a photo stop at the Timothy Hill overlook, with spectacular views of both the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.
Once back in town, the rest of the day is yours to do as you please.
- Bring sunglasses and your camera.
- There are stairs at some of the sites visited. Guests may choose to stay in the vehicle if they wish.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate.
- This tour can accommodate those with limited mobility and collapsible wheelchairs, provided the guest is able to transfer from the wheelchair and up and down the two steps into the bus with assistance from someone in your party.
- This tour cannot accept guests with walkers as they are too wide to fit in the tour vehicles.
- All guests must sign a waiver prior to taking the tour. Those choosing not to sign will not be allowed to take the tour and no refunds will be given.
- Please be aware that during the busy cruise season the beach can get quite crowded.
Days offered: 7 days a week