West End Hike And Beach BreakExplore > Virgin Islands (British) > Tortola > West End Hike And Beach Break
Enjoy our most scenic hike and then cool off at the beach!
After arriving to one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, you'll be whisked away to the West End - or as we like to call it - the 'best end' - for a lovely day of hiking, breathtaking views, and relaxing beach time. It doesn't get much better than this!
Our route is an old road with spectacular low level views of nearby islands including nearby St. John and Little Thatch, to St. Thomas and Jose van Dyke in the distance. Beginning on the Caribbean side of the island, our hike will pass two favorite beaches - Smuggler's Cove and Long Bay.
Our first stop is Smuggler's Cove, a sheltered arc of white sand and beautiful turquoise water. We'll take a break to relax and refresh before continuing down the trail, passing the old palm grove, once home to Arawak Indians and recently almost destroyed by Hurricane Irma. Before long, we'll arrive to Long Bay beach for a refreshing local juice and time to swim.
Back on the ship, you'll be dreaming about this beautiful day and when speaking of the BVI, telling your friends that the West is Best.
- We suggest guests wear sneakers or hiking shoes.
- Bring or wear swim gear as you will stop at two beaches.
- We recommend bringing sunscreen as well as a hat, sunglasses, and a water bottle.
- This tour requires a minimum of 6 to operate.
- Maximum per departure is 20 guests.
- We recommend guests be of average fitness for this hike.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with respiratory/heart conditions, walking/mobility difficulties, or visual/hearing impairment.
Days offered: 7 days a week