So much art, so little time! Maximize your day by focusing on the art you find most fascinating.
The tour takes you around Tokyo’s cutting-edge art scene. From public art and commercial art galleries to established museums, your guide will show you some of the most talked about artworks in the city.
Your guide will meet in your hotel lobby in central Tokyo (or another agreed upon location). Based on your personal art preferences provided during the check-out process, he/she will be ready to fulfill all your art expectations.
To make your way around the city you will use Tokyo's efficient, clean public transportation system. Your journey from place to place will be part of the experience as you discover this modern, busy city.
At each stop, the guide will give the background of the artwork. You may also have a chance to hear insightful stories by gallery curators (subject to availability.) The artworks may consist of those by Japanese and non-Japanese artists, modern, contemporary and even antiques.
While you might associate Ginza with upscale shopping, nightlife and entertainment, contained within are several interesting art galleries. Some are obvious, others require the knowledge of your local guide to locate.
The Roppongi neighborhood showcases "Art Triangle Roppongi" formed by the National Art Gallery (the largest art gallery in all of Japan), the MORI Art Center and the Suntory Museum of Art.
Don't let the fact that Shinjuku is home to the world's busiest train station deter you from visiting. Your knowledgeable guide will navigate the crowds to deliver you to the best art galleries in the district.
Mixed within the vibrant teenage culture, haute cuisine and cutting-edge architecture of Omotesando are very fine galleries. The Ota Memorial Museum of Art houses an impressive collection of ukiyo-e (woodblock) paintings while the Nezu Museum is bursting with a wide variety of East Asian art and a traditional Japanese garden.
If your interests lie in art seen through the lens of a camera, you'll find a wonderful display at the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography in Ebisu.
Your guide will leave you at a gallery so you may continue your exploration of Tokyo's magnificent art. Transportation instructions to your hotel will be provided by your guide.
- As this is a private tour, please contact ShoreTrips if you would prefer a different departure time.
- Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your central Tokyo hotel. If you are staying outside of central Tokyo, please contact ShoreTrips to make different meeting arrangements.
- Please note: This tour ends at an art gallery. You will make your own way back to your hotel with transportation instructions provided by your guide.
- The operator of this tour suggests that each participant purchases a travel insurance policy that will cover them for injuries and illnesses while in Japan due to the extreme costs of hospitalization and medical services.
- IMPORTANT. This tour has a cancellation/refund policy that is non-conforming with ShoreTrips standard policy. Full refunds will be made for cancellations due to your ship not making its scheduled port stop if you have notified the vendor or ShoreTrips of this situation at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled stop. 50% refunds will be made cancellations due to your ship not making its scheduled port stop if you have notified the vendor or ShoreTrips of this situation at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled stop. No refunds will be made for cancellations made in the last 48 hours prior to the scheduled stop. Excursion Protection insurance is available and highly recommended and will be offered to you during the checkout procedure.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday