Maximize your art viewing and shopping time with this tour that handles all the details.
This tour is perfect for connoisseurs of quality Japanese art who are looking to cut to the chase. By providing your own personal artistic tastes prior to the tour, your guide will organize this tour to highlight the galleries that are most likely to be offering exactly what you've been longing for.
Your guide will meet you at your hotel and from there you will proceed on your art expedition using Tokyo's efficient public transportation system. The number of fine galleries here are limitless but your guide will have the route planned out to help make your art dreams a reality.
Whether your artistic interests lie in antiques (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc), ceramics, Ukiyo-e prints, drawings, paintings or sculptures, your guide will have pre-arranged a personal shopping experience for you at some of the most esteemed galleries in the city and will provide translation between you and the gallery as well. This combination of planning, personal attention and expert translation will hopefully result in a successful acquisition of the perfect addition to your collection.
At the end of the tour, your guide will be happy to escort you back to your hotel. If you prefer to linger at a gallery or visit a museum, you will be responsible for finding your own way back to your hotel, either via public transportation or taxi.
- As this is a private tour, please contact ShoreTrips if you would prefer a different departure time.
- If you choose to stay in the city at the end of this tour, rather than have your guide escort you back to your hotel, you will be responsible for making your own way back. Your guide will be happy to provide you with instructions on how to return to your hotel via public transportation or taxi.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your central Tokyo hotel. If you are staying outside of central Tokyo, we will arrange a central meeting location.
- We will do our best to confirm the tour at the standard pricing, however there may be a surcharge on holidays and from the end of December to the New Year.
- The cancellation policy on this tour is outside of the normal ShoreTrips Terms of Service. The tour is non refundable 18 days prior to the tour date. If your ship does not make port, this tour will be non-refundable. Please take out travel insurance to cover this rare occurrence. This tour will NOT be refundable in cases in which conditions make it impossible for the ship to dock and disembark passengers in a timely manner. In case of extreme delay of ship’s arrival or immigration, the tour may have to be shortened.
- Due to the extreme costs of hospitalization and medical services in Japan, we strongly recommend purchasing independent travel insurance that will cover you for injuries or illness while in Japan.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday