Canopy Zipline And Coastal CruiseExplore > Mexico > Puerto Vallarta > Canopy Zipline And Coastal Cruise
Glide through Puerto Vallarta's rain forest from tree to tree on zip lines.
We can easily see why Tarzan used this method of transportation. This is a safe, yet thrilling, activity and something you will remember forever.
THIS TOUR FILLS UP QUICKLY, ESPECIALLY FROM NOVEMBER TO APRIL. TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT, WE SUGGEST BOOKING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Your adventure-filled day begins with a scenic 25-minute speedboat ride, past the beautiful Puerto Vallarta coastline, including Los Arcos National Marine Park. Your boat will bring you to a secluded beach at the edge of the jungle near your final destination. Once you arrive, enjoy a short open-air ride to the Canopy site. What better way to get your adrenaline flowing!
Upon arrival at the park, you'll receive a safety briefing and be outfitted with a harness and helmet. At each platform, you'll find a guide to "catch" you as you arrive, as well as send you off when it's your turn. As thrilling as it is to accomplish each glide, the platforms themselves allow you magnificent views of the rain forest below.
You'll spend about 1.5 exhilarating hours zipping from tree to tree, high in the jungle canopy. During the course of riding the 15 cables, including the longest 1,400-foot cable (!) you'll drop about 500 feet in elevation. This adventure boasts of being the only zip line tour with a river crossing--a true geologic wonder! Take pleasure in the wonderful sights, sounds, and flora of Mexico's magnificent environment on this thrilling excursion. Be sure not to miss THE TREE TOP CANOPY ADVENTURE!
At the end of this fantastic experience, you'll have some time to take enjoy many of the outdoor activities offered. Slide down the waterslides, swim in the natural pools of the beautiful Los Orchones River, where kayaks and water toys will be waiting for you, or relax on the beach. Swimming is available from November until the end of July.
By now you will have worked up an appetite and the riverfront restaurant with tropical drinks (at your expense) will really hit the spot. In addition, adults can sample the traditional spirit of Mexico, tequila!
There's one more special activity in store, a visit to the animal sanctuary. Exotic species, such as macaws, marmosets, Squirrel monkeys, toucans, iguanas, and other reptiles await your discovery. Hold a snake, pet a tiny monkey or have a beautiful toucan perch on your shoulder.
- It is a short 5-10 minute walk from the pier to the meeting location for this tour.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
- Hotel guests will have to make their own way to a central meeting location. Exact instructions will appear on your voucher.
- We recommend wearing or bringing pants or shorts, tennis or hiking shoes, and, from November-March, bring a sweatshirt if on the early morning tour.
- If you will be there from November to the end of July, bring a swimsuit and a towel if you wish to go down the waterslide or swim in the river.
- You might want to consider wearing dark or old clothing and bringing a towel as you WILL get dirty from the cable spray during the rainy season. The rainy season runs from July-October, with the heaviest rains in September and October.
- Usually mornings are dry with the rains coming in the afternoon.
- Sunblock and insect repellent are recommended.
- If you bring a camera, MAKE SURE IT HAS A STRAP.
- People with long hair will have to tie it back.
- Photos and videos will be taken of your visit and will be available for purchase. Videos may be purchased with a credit card (American Express not accepted), but cash is required for photos. We suggest you bring along pesos or cash if you wish to purchase lunch or anything from local vendors.
- Lockers are available free of charge.
- Helmets will be provided.
- Please note: In Puerto Vallarta there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- You must bring your ShoreTrips prepaid voucher or you will not be allowed to participate.
- The minimum age to participate is 5 years old.
- The minimum height to participate is 40".
- There is a 285-pound weight limit.
- Pregnant women, those with heart problems, seizure disorders, or balance/vertigo issues are not allowed to participate in this tour.
- You must have the ability to walk a moderate 5 minutes uphill and climb stairs.
- No one who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to participate.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver to participate.
- In the high season, the tour operator may not be able to accommodate ride alongs, due to a shortage of space.
- This tour is not available on Sundays, except for around Christmas Vacation week. Please call ShoreTrips to place bookings on Sundays around Christmas and New Years.
- This tour is not available on Sundays, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday