Taku Glacier Helicopter, Airboat And Hike!Explore > United States > Juneau > Taku Glacier Helicopter, Airboat And Hike!
Get to know Alaska via air and water!
View this magnificent glacier from three different perspectives.
This tour begins with a pickup at the cruise ship pier and a drive to the heliport. Once buckled in, the helicopter ascends, and you'll begin to realize the magnitude of the Taku Glacier and the Juneau Ice Field. Enjoy snow-capped mountains and deep crevasses as you make your way to the airboat base.
Usually when you think of airboats, you imagine zooming through Florida's Everglades or Louisiana's bayous. That same experience awaits here, except instead of being surrounded by swamps and mosquitoes, you are surrounded by the magnificent Taku Glacier. Your expert river boat captain is well-versed in the history, geology and wildlife of the area. As the Taku River Basin is home to a large variety of animals such as brown bears, moose, wolves, goats, and bald eagles, be sure to keep a sharp eye out for these local inhabitants.
After the boat ride, your pilot is waiting to fly you to the landing site on the glacier itself. With the snow crunching underfoot and your pilot as your guide, you'll head out on the glacier to get an up-close-and-personal look at key glacial features such as moulins, blue ice crevasses and ice falls.
The last flight back to the heliport provides one more chance to take in the breathtaking views of the Taku River and Glacier from above.
- There are no bathroom facilities during this tour.
- Passengers should dress warmly: hat, gloves, warm socks, and footwear.
- Flight time will be about 45 minutes round trip.
- There is a minimum 2 people needed for this tour to operate.
- Maximum number of passengers we can take is 6 per tour, but may be less based on overall weights.
- No bags of any sort are allowed on the helicopter. Everything you bring must fit in your pockets.
Days offered: 7 days a week