Photograph Oahu during the "Golden Hour", the soft, beautiful light occurring shortly before sunset.
The most sought-after light by photographers happens shortly before sunset when the light is warm and soft, filtered by the earth's atmosphere. It's the perfect time to capture just about any image, from portraits to landscapes to silhouettes. Your experienced guide will have you in the right place at the right time to make the most of every second of the "Golden Hour".
Let Oahu's natural beauty inspire your creativity and sense of photographic adventure. We'll visit some of Honolulu's most spectacular scenery, from lush tropical valleys and ancient ruins to dramatic waterfalls and panoramic coastal views and stop to visit some special places known only to locals. Our experienced photography and nature guide will help you create what are sure to become some of your favorite photographic memories.
Whether your idea of photography is grabbing your mobile phone out of your back pocket or a camera bag packed with a DSLR and multiple lenses, your professional guide will "expose" you to all the capabilities of your camera and challenge you to use your equipment to its fullest to create stunning, impactful images. The small group size ensures personal attention and expert guidance on both technical and creative topics for each guest. Even experienced photographers will learn a few new tricks to improve their photographic skills.
Our location during the 'Golden Hour' will be carefully chosen, depending on the season and the day's weather conditions, to ensure the best opportunities for you to capture memorable moments of your time on Oahu.
As an added bonus, on Fridays in summer (June, July and August) we'll bring out the tripods to capture the brilliance of fireworks lighting up the Honolulu skyline.
- If you are arriving by cruise ship you will have to take a taxi to reach the meeting point. If you are staying at a hotel in Waikiki you will be picked up at your hotel.
- Bring your favorite camera, whether it's a mobile phone, point and shoot camera, DSLR or drone and a polarizing filter (if you have one).
- Tripods will be provided.
- Bring a hat, a light jacket or sweater, sunblock and wear comfortable close-toed shoes.
- We recommend bringing your own water. There is no eating or drinking anything except water inside the van.
- Do not bring more than you can carry as we do not allow anything to be left behind while out of the van.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 guests to operate.
- This tour has a maximum of 7 guests.
- Minimum age to participate is 12 years old.
- Cruise ship passengers, please make sure your ship is in port long enough to take this tour.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday