Helicopter Flight With Tundra LandingExplore > United States > Denali > Helicopter Flight With Tundra Landing
See the Alaskan landscape by helicopter from a new perspective.
This tour delivers you to the Alaskan Tundra via helicopter, the only method of transportation able to reach such a remote area. Explore the vast land above the Arctic Circle where the subsoil is permanently frozen and discover the surprising variety of plants and animals that inhabit this seemingly inhospitable terrain.
Your adventure begins at our heliport overlooking the Nenana River. From here it's just a short, but thrilling ride to the Alaskan backcountry and the breathtaking peaks and valleys of the Alaska Range. Since we are just outside Denali National Park, if weather conditions are right, you might be able to see the magnificent Mt. Denali, North America's highest mountain peak with a summit elevation of 20,310 feet. Nearby is the also impressive Mt. Deborah with an elevation of over 12,000 feet.
The helicopter gently sets down on the alpine tundra, giving you the special opportunity to explore this landscape above the tree line. Your pilot now becomes your guide, explaining the tundra's unique ecosystem and pointing out the many varieties of vegetation that thrive here. You might see a variety of wildlife such as golden eagles, dall sheep, caribou and maybe even the occasional grizzly searching for the tundra's edible offerings of cranberries, crowberries and blueberries.
The last leg of your journey will be as incredible as the first.
Keep your camera handy, you may not pass this way again!
- Please come prepared. Dress warmly and in layers. You’ll need a good jacket, hat, gloves, sunglasses, and your sense of adventure!
- Don't forget your camera.
- Please note we provide pick ups from the following locations: Princess Hotel, McKinley Chalet (Holland America), Rainbow Village RV Park, Crow’s Nest Hotel, Denali Bluffs, Denali Grande , Denali Adventure Tours , Tesoro Gas Station, Wilderness Access Center(WAC), Mercantile (Riley Creek Campground), Visitor Center Bus Stop, Train Depot, Denali Park Village, Grizzly Bear Cabins & Campground, Denali Education Center(DEC), Denali Cabins. If your hotel is not on the list, please call us.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and can accommodate a maximum of 11 participants per departure.
- Please note that if you are staying at the McKinley Princess Lodge you are about 100 miles outside of Denali and would have to find your own way to meet the tour. We also do NOT provide pick up from the following locations: Denali Mountain Morning Hostel, Tonglen Lake Lodge, Anywhere in Healy, Totem Lodge, Aurora Lodge, Anywhere in Cantwell, Creekside Cabins.
- Tour operates from May 12 to September 17, 2022.
- Please note that surcharge pricing applies to all passengers who weigh over 250 lbs.
- No backpacks, purses, tablets, selfie sticks, drones or other items similar to this are not permitted on the helicopter.
- All flights are weather dependent.
Days offered: 7 days a week