Denali Glacier Landing Expedition By HelicopterExplore > United States > Denali > Denali Glacier Landing Expedition By Helicopter
Imagine walking on a glacier in the Yanert Valley --or better yet, do it!
Denali Park is 6 million acres large--and Mount McKinley reins over all.
We will transport you to the helipad overlooking the Nenana River. Everything in Alaska is so beautiful that each segment of a tour can be appreciated and you will feel that upon arriving at this location. We lift off in our cutting-edge A-Star helicopter to a breathtaking, birds-eye view of the Alaskan wilderness. Discover the forces of nature from a new perspective.
En route to the massive Yanert Glacier, your pilot will introduce you to the mountainous terrain and stunning vistas. Glaciers have carved this rugged backcountry for eons and the magnificent towering peaks are the work of millions of years of tectonic rumblings.
After a gentle landing on the glacier, you will walk in your glacier walking boots, along with your pilot, on the massive frozen ice. Explore icefalls and huge crevasses. The landscape of a glacier is fascinating, and you will observe this phenomenon closely and personally.
After about 20 minutes on the glacier, you will reboard and enjoy more magnificent views as you fly off toward Mt. Deborah, which stands at an impressive 12,339 feet. Bears, moose, and Dall sheep are part of the landscape here and you can actually spot them if you watch closely, as they stand out clearly with the white background behind them. So be sure to keep a sharp eye out for them throughout this once in a lifetime tour.
- Please come prepared. Dress warmly and in layers. You’ll need a good jacket, hat, gloves, sunglasses, and your sense of adventure! We will provide you with glacier boots.
- Please note we provide pick ups from the following locations: Princess Hotel, McKinley Chalet (Holland America), Rainbow Village RV Park, Crow’s Nest Hotel, Denali Bluffs, Denali Grande , Denali Adventure Tours , Tesoro Gas Station, Wilderness Access Center(WAC), Mercantile (Riley Creek Campground), Visitor Center Bus Stop, Train Depot, Denali Park Village, Grizzly Bear Cabins & Campground, Denali Education Center(DEC), Denali Cabins. If your hotel is not on the list, please call us.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and can accommodate a maximum of 11 participants per departure.
- Depending on weather conditions we may land on West Fort Glacier.
- Please note that if you are staying at the McKinley Princess Lodge you are about 100 miles outside of Denali and would have to find your own way to meet the tour. We also do NOT provide pick up from the following locations: Denali Mountain Morning Hostel, Tonglen Lake Lodge, Anywhere in Healy, Totem Lodge, Aurora Lodge, Anywhere in Cantwell, Creekside Cabins.
- Tour operates from May 15 to September 18, 2018.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants.
- Please note that surcharge pricing applies to all passengers who weigh over 250 lbs.
Days offered: 7 days a week