Panoramic Biking Through Chiang Mai's CountrysideExplore > Thailand > Chang Mai > Panoramic Biking Through Chiang Mai's Countryside
Leisurely exercise, gorgeous temples and a taste of the local culture make for the perfect day.
We begin with a drive north to the countryside near the Mae Malai Village. Once there, the crew will fit you to your bike, give a brief safety overview and explain the day's activities. The ride is almost exclusively along the Liap Khlong, a wandering waterway that brings water to the multitude of rice and farms along the route. The path is flat, which makes it the perfect place for a leisurely bike ride.
The breathtaking scenery during this ride is sure to be a highlight of your travels, with rows of towering teak trees lining the road, vast stretches of emerald rice paddies with a backdrop of forested mountains and more.
In addition to the gorgeous views, there is an everyday side of Thailand to be discovered. We will stop at a few local sites, including to the shop of a paper maker. You will be awed by the sweeping view from Wat Phrathat Chom Kitti. Here, you can choose to do the challenging climb up to the temple, or get a ride in a support van. Then, you'll get a chance to explore the old buildings at Wat Mae Tao Hai.
Our next next stop will be to a local market, where you will wander through grazing on a variety of local foods at lunchtime. The ride winds down at your final stop - Wat Kaset Mai - where you will join your guide in a merit making and blessing ceremony with the temple's abbot.
- While visiting Wat Phrathat Chom Kitti, guests can choose to do the challenging climb up or get a ride via support van.
- Modest dress is essential for entrance to temples. No shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed.
- You should be a confident bike-rider, able to ride for approximately 15 miles.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions. We will do our best to accommodate.
Days offered: 7 days a week