Experience the beauty of the nature surrounding Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.
Explore the forests surrounding the gorgeous Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.
Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep is a must-see temple when visiting Chiang Mai. This gorgeous golden temple dates back to the 13th century (1383 AD) and sits atop a mountain. It is located conveniently located only 10 minutes outside the city and this tour offers quick access to the beautiful forests of Chiang Mai.
Our day begins with an early morning pickup from your hotel. We will drive up Doi Suthep to the temple, which is located 3,500 feet above sea level. Its large golden chedi attracts Buddhist pilgrims from all over the world throughout the year. While you are at Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, you can enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of Chiang Mai City and the Ping Valley from this magnificent mountain temple.
Your trek downhill will begin the Doi Suthep National Park headquarters. From the headquarters, we will trek to the beautiful Mon Tha Than Waterfall. Experience the grandeur and breathtaking views the trail offers as you walk among forests of bamboo, tall hardwoods, a variety of colorful flowers, and a diverse bird population. The hike itself is a moderate one but proper footwear is highly recommended.
- Modest dress is essential. No shorts or sleeveless shirts are allowed. We suggest that ladies carry a shawl if necessary to cover your shoulders.
- Please wear proper hiking shoes.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes before entering all the temples. If you have an aversion to that, please carry socks or surgical booties or you will not be allowed in.
- Entrance fees are included in the cost of the tour.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week