Private: Nayarit And La Peñita MarketExplore > Mexico > Puerto Vallarta > Private: Nayarit And La Peñita Market
Spend a lovely day visiting the local market, a non-profit agency and a surfing village.
Nestled between the forested mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental Range and the Pacific Ocean lies the Mexican state of Nyarit. Here you'll find beautiful coastlines, great surfing, history, culture and shopping.
Take some time to venture outside of Puerto Vallarta with this relaxing, enjoyable day to Nayarit. The ride from Puerto Vallarta, which takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes, will fly by as you admire the scenery and listen as your guide informs you of the history and culture of the area.
Our first stop is the delightful La Peñita Market, one of the largest markets in the area and where locals shop for the freshest fruits and vegetables. You will also find hand-made products such as jewelry, rugs and Huichol art as well as souvenirs and clothing.
We move on to San Pancho to visit a special place, the Entre Amigos Project. You'll receive a guided tour of this very successful non-profit agency which houses a library, classrooms, a gallery with items made by local artisans, recycling center and more. At their second-hand store you'll find unique and crazy items all made from re-used or re-cycled material. The best part is that each purchase supports Entre Amigos' educational projects. With that type of incentive you're sure to find a treasure to remind you of your visit here. Guests are encouraged to donate used items or school supplies.
We continue to the village of Sayulita, known by surfers for its gnarly waves...a great place to "Hang Ten". We'll linger here a while to give you time to enjoy the beach, grab some lunch (your guide will be happy to suggest a great place) or try a Choco-banana. As you eat your banana, keep your eyes "peeled" for the local iguanas.
Enjoy the drive as we make our way back to Puerto Vallarta.
- The price of lunch, beverages and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- Bring cash for souvenirs, your camera, sunblock and comfortable shoes.
- There is a 50 peso ($3) donation for the private tour of Entre Amigos. Either pesos or USD are accepted.
- If you have room in your suitcase, please bring along gently used clothing, household items, backpacks or school supplies to donate to the Entre Amigo Project. Your donation will be used for an amazing cause!
- Since this is a private tour, the itinerary can be customized. Let your guide know if you have any specific requests at pickup. All requests are subject to time, traffic and distance considerations.
- Please note this tour is only available on Thursdays (the day of the La Peñita Market) during December, January, February and March.
- This tour cannot accommodate those in wheelchairs.
Days offered: Thursday