Private: Eclectic Nayarit With Sayulita Beach BreakExplore > Mexico > Puerto Vallarta > Private: Eclectic Nayarit With Sayulita Beach Break
Spend a lovely day visiting a non-profit agency and fishing, surfing and resort villages of Nayarit.
Nestled between the forested mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental Range and the Pacific Ocean lies the Mexican state of Nyarit. Here you'll find beautiful coastlines, great surfing, history, culture and shopping.
Take some time to venture outside of Puerto Vallarta with this relaxing, enjoyable day to Nayarit. The ride from Puerto Vallarta, which takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes, will fly by as you admire the scenery and listen as your guide informs you of the history and culture of the area.
Our tour begins in San Pancho where we will visit a special place, the Entre Amigos Project. You'll receive a guided tour of this very successful non-profit agency which houses a library, classrooms, a gallery with items made by local artisans, recycling center and more. At their second-hand store you'll find unique and crazy items all made from re-used or re-cycled material. The best part is that each purchase supports Entre Amigos' educational projects. With that type of incentive you're sure to find a treasure to remind you of your visit here. Guests are encouraged to donate used items or school supplies.
We continue to the village of Sayulita, known by surfers for its gnarly waves...a great place to "Hang Ten". We'll linger here a while to give you time to enjoy the beach, grab some lunch (your guide will be happy to suggest a great place) or try a Choco-banana. As you eat your banana, keep your eyes "peeled" for the local iguanas.
Punta de Mita is located on a peninsula of Banderas Bay, a quiet and protected area and is both a fishing village and an upscale resort town. We'll take a drive through and see the main boulevard strip. We'll also make a short stop at the Marina of Cruz de Huanacaxtle, a small, charming fishing town also located on Banderas Bay.
As this is a private tour, you will have the option to spend additional time in San Pancho or Sayulita instead of visiting Punta De Mita or Cruz de Huanacaxtle. Just let your guide know your preferences.
Enjoy the drive as we make our way back to Puerto Vallarta.
- The price of lunch, beverages, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- Bring cash for souvenirs, your camera, sunblock and comfortable shoes.
- There is a 50 peso ($3) donation for the private tour of Entre Amigos. Either pesos or USD are accepted.
- If you have room in your suitcase, please bring along gently used clothing, household items, backpacks or school supplies to donate to the Entre Amigo Project. Your donation will be used for an amazing cause!
- Since this is a private tour, the itinerary can be customized. Let your guide know if you have any specific requests at pickup. All requests are subject to time, traffic and distance considerations.
- This tour cannot accommodate those in wheelchairs.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday