Walking Tour Of The Flavors Of MallorcaExplore > Spain > Palma De Mallorca > Walking Tour Of The Flavors Of Mallorca
This is not a tasting tour but a tour of good taste.
You will meet your guide in the heart of Palma Old City, where he or she will direct you through the narrow streets of the Casco Antic area where nobility and merchants once lived together in the Gothic Quarter. This neighborhood dates back to Roman times and the Medieval buildings and sights may be familiar from any other visits in Spanish ports. Part of your walk will be in the lesser-known Jewish Quarter. As you walk through the old town you will see the Museum of Spanish Contemporary Art, featuring 20th Century Spanish artists. If you wish, stop in for a visit. There is no admission charge.
Enjoy a stroll along the ancient walls where you can see the remains of Palma's early settlement. The Almudaina Fortress, the gothic Cathedral and the La Seu Museum – built by King Jaime I in the 13th century, are beautiful scenes on the west coast of the island, with the seashore as its background.
As you enjoy your walk, you will encounter one of the few places where you can sample wines from the barrel. There is also a chocolate shop that opened in 1877 and was the first to produce an almond ice cream. On our daily morning departures with the exception of Sundays, we also stop at the Mercado del Olivar food and fish market. Here you will find the same producers that have handed down their stalls from family member to family member. The best in Spanish jamon (ham), oysters, cava - all the ingredients that Spain is known for is represented in the market.
- Admissions are not included and optional. The Arab Baths, for example, has a 2 euro entrance that may be paid on location.
- This program operates rain or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- Tastes at the market are optional and not included.
- Hotel guests staying the Old City will be met by their guide in the lobby of the hotel.
- Hotel guests staying outside the Old City and cruise ship passengers will need to take a taxi to the starting point of the tour. Specific meeting location will be provided on your voucher.
- The taxi from the cruise ship will cost about 15-20 euro for 4 people. Larger taxi vans are also available.
- This is a private tour. If you need a different departure time, please contact ShoreTrips prior to booking.
- On our daily morning departures with the exception of Sundays, we also stop at the Mercado del Olivar food and fish market.
- On afternoon tours and Sundays, the Mercado will be replaced with Caixa Forum "Gran Hotel" or another municipal museum.
Days offered: 7 days a week