Private Tour To Berlin Including Sachsenhausen Concentration CampExplore > Germany > Berlin > Private Tour To Berlin Including Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Enjoy a whirlwind visit to Berlin's must-see sights including Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp.
From the comfort of your private vehicle, enjoy the 2 1/2-hour ride through the scenic state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. After having an overview tour of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp with your expert guide you will drive together to Berlin. Once in Berlin, your experienced local guide will bring the city and its vivid history to life, as you experience Berlin's many "must-see" sights.
If there is something specific you would like to see or learn more about, please let us know beforehand or tell your guide upon your arrival. Your guide will organize the lunch break according to your wishes. To maximize your time for sightseeing, we recommend a light lunch.
You will be met by your driver who will take you through the German countryside to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp. Here you will be met by your personal guide, someone who is licensed to guide tours through the Camp.
You will gain an in-depth introduction to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, which served the Nazi regime as a model and training camp. Overall, approximately 200,000 people, especially political opponents and Jews were imprisoned, tortured or killed. After this sobering experience, we continue driving through the East of Berlin where we will stop at the Berlin Wall Memorial to see some of its last remaining parts.
The tour continues along the famous Boulevard Unter de linden to see the beautiful old Prussian buildings and palaces. You'll learn about the new governmental district, including the Reichstag (German Parliament) and the Brandenburg Gate, that quintessential symbol of Berlin.
Your guide will give you a close look at Berlin’s Nazi history starting at the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. This somber spot brings this tragic period in history to life, revealing fates of individuals and entire families. We continue at the site of Hitler’s former bunker, the old SS, SA, and Gestapo headquarters, and Göring’s former ministry of Aviation.
We will pass by Checkpoint Charlie and take a look at the Gendarmenmarkt, one of the most beautiful places in all of Berlin.
If time permits, we will see more of Berlin's highlights. Please let your guide know at the beginning of the tour which sites are most important to you.
- Admission for Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp is included in the cost of this tour.
- Please notify your guide if there are specific places or topics you wish to concentrate on. Your lunch break will be organized around your wishes.
- You will receive a complimentary beverage in the vehicle on the way to Berlin. Additional beverages and snacks will be available for purchase.
- Gratuities are not included.
- This is a private tour. If you need a different departure time, please contact ShoreTrips.
- Please note it takes approximately 2.5 hours to drive between Warnemunde and Berlin.
- Your driver will speak little to no English. We do provide a way to communicate during your ride. Once you arrive into Berlin, you will meet your English-speaking guide.
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour but your guide can recommend a great place to suit your tastes.
Days offered: 7 days a week