Shoretrips Give...Red Cross Community DevelopmentExplore > Virgin Islands (British) > Tortola > Shoretrips Give...Red Cross Community Development
Help Tortola enrich the lives of its residents.
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
Although some charities are often envisioned on an all encompassing scale, this volunteer opportunity provides you the chance to experience it at its ground level. This association is a firm believer that their extraordinary efforts are made possible by potential volunteers like you and are gracious of any contribution no matter the size or effort.
Over the years this facility has been at the forefront of responding to numerous events that have affected Tortola. The staff and volunteers have responded to hurricanes, floods and fires and provide a youth program, thrift shop, disaster kits, medical equipment rental and First Aid classes for Tortola's residents.
Your help is needed to sort, organize and display items for the thrift store, assemble hygiene or disaster kits or assist with other needed tasks. No matter what your skill set is, we will place you with a memorable experience at our facility!
- Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today. Shoulders must be covered and wear close-toed shoes.
- Bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- The meeting location is about a 5-10 minute taxi ride from the cruise ship pier. Further details will be on our ShoreTrips GIVE voucher.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- The maximum number of volunteers is 10.
- If you have more than 6 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for additional pricing.
- Age Requirements: 16+ with adult chaperone.
- This volunteer opportunity is not wheelchair accessible.
- This facility is closed from December 22-January 2 for the holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday