Jewish Heritage Tour Of Stockholm From NynashamnExplore > Sweden > Stockholm > Jewish Heritage Tour Of Stockholm From Nynashamn
Experience Jewish Stockholm and learn more about the Jewish influence and history.
Experience Jewish Stockholm! Learn more about the Jewish influence and history on this illuminating, half-day excursion.
In the most impressive museum Sweden has to offer, you'll see the Vasa ship, built by the renowned Jewish shipbuilder Henrik Hybertson. The Vasa sank in 1628 and she is still in perfect condition, the only one of its kind in the world.
After visiting the Vasa Museum, you'll jump onboard a public ferry to the Old Town.
Old Town is an intriguing place where trade, betrayal, and even murders took place. You'll get insight into the long-lasting German influence and the many attacks of the Danes during the Middle Ages. Due to the Swedish neutrality, nothing has been destroyed here in the last 400 years.
You'll be taken through the narrow cobblestone streets, passing the Royal Palace and the place where Stockholm's first synagogue, founded in 1790, is located.
Stockholm is also home to the Conservative Synagogue, also known as the Great Synagogue. Inaugurated in 1870, it still has an active congregation of more than 1,000 members. On the walls of the entrance, you can read the names of Holocaust victims. We'll also see the Raoul Wallenberg monument, which commemorates the Swedish diplomat who helped save thousands of Hungarian Jews from the Nazis. Before the tour concludes we'll pass by the beautiful Jewish cemetery.
- We'll be walking on cobblestone streets for a portion of this tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Entrance fees are included in the price of this tour.
- Food, beverages, and any other extra(s) are not included.
- ShoreTrips and our partners do our best to ensure that every stop described is available for your visit. There are some times when a site or building is closed at the last moment with little or no warning. We assume that those in charge make those decisions based on external information and we apologize when this causes inconvenience and disappointment.
- Please note that your cruise ship docks in Nynäshamn, which is approximately one hour from Stockholm. Your driver will meet you in Nynäshamn and bring you to your guide in Stockholm. The guide will remain with you until the tour ends in Stockholm. The transfer back to Nynäshamn is with your driver only.
Days offered: 7 days a week