Helicopter Glacier DiscoveryExplore > United States > Skagway > Helicopter Glacier Discovery
Combine a scenic helicopter ride with a glacier landing.
Viewing the snow covered mountains, massive glaciers and majestic valleys from above will surely take your breath away.
One of the main reasons to visit Alaska is the spectacular scenery that exists out of reach of it's main cities, unless you look to the skies. The stoic mountains and glaciers in this region are an awesome sight and literally untouched by man.
After a brief safety overview, you will takeoff in a helicopter and view the gorgeous scenery from above. The routes of the flights are selected daily to ensure you have the best tour possible. The Chilkat Glacier, cascading waterfalls, and the "river of ice" known as the Meade Glacier may be among the wonders you encounter during your flight.
Your helicopter will land on or at the base of a glacier and you will be met by your experienced guide, who will take you on a 40-minute introduction and exploration of this craggy mass of ice.
This is a true Alaskan adventure that you will take home with you.
- Please note that departure time will be assigned upon confirmation based on your cruise ship's itinerary. During check out we will ask if you have any other activities booked while in port.
- Dress warmly in layers of clothing. Bring your camera, sunglasses, gloves, and hat. Over boots will be provided as needed.
- This tour has about 40 minutes of helicopter time, 40 minutes on the glacier and the balance is approximate time it takes to get to and from the helipad.
- The distance to the meeting location varies depending on where your ship docks. At most it will be a 30 minute walk, though you may take the city shuttle bus which costs $2. More information will be provided upon tour confirmation. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Please note that due to weight and balance limitations, as well as guest safety and comfort, there is an increased rate for those weighing 250 lbs and more.
- The helicopter company has a no bag/no Ipads or tablets policy on their tours. In addition, no Go-Pro Sticks, tripods, or other extendible items are allowed on tour. No Drones are allowed on tour. Additionally, the Galaxy Note 7 will not be allowed on any of our flights. Lockers are available to leave such items.
Days offered: 7 days a week