Get outta town to see the rugged Alaskan wilderness from a rugged ATV.
Venture outside of Skagway to experience the real beauty of Alaska. From fjords to forests, the scenery is unparalleled.
The journey is half the fun. You'll board a wildlife viewing vessel for the hour-long ride through the world's second largest fjord system, the Lynn Canal, to the Davidson Glacier. Keep a lookout for land and sea dwelling wildlife. From sure-footed mountain goats and majestic eagles to stout sea lions and eveyone's (well, at least my) favorite, those awe-inspiring whales, you're likely to see some native fauna as you cruise along.
Upon arrival at Glacier Point, it's time to get down to business. Not only are ATV's a fun way to explore the rough terrain here, these particular ATV's are the coolest! You'll discover the adventuresome spirit of Alaska as you bump and bounce your way along pristine forest trails. If you wish, everyone in the group (see restrictions) can take a turn driving. We'll make a few stops along the way for the best photo opportunities and to take in the breathtaking views.
With imposing mountains and the Davidson Glacier as your backdrop, this is a unique opportunity to experience the real beauty of Alaska.
When the excitement of the ride is over, we'll head back to camp to enjoy a picnic lunch before boarding our boat for the return to Skagway, with the prospect of more wildlife sightings to make this day even more memorable.
- ATV orientation and safety equipment provided.
- All prices include tax.
- All participants must be at least 4'10" tall.
- You must be at least 18 years old and must present a valid drivers license at the time of the tour in order to drive the ATV.
- Any guest over the age of 18 with a valid drivers license will be allowed to drive the ATV at least 25% of the time.
- While every attempt will be made to keep your group together, please be aware on busy days the tour operator might have to combine smaller groups.
- The maximum weight to participate is 300 pounds.
- You must inform ShoreTrips of any physical limitations at the time of the booking.
Days offered: 7 days a week