Tech Day In Silicon ValleyExplore > United States > California > Tech Day In Silicon Valley
A fascinating look at technology, from earliest days, to the present, to the future and beyond...
Technology has become such an integral part of our lives, it's hard to imagine (or even remember) life without it. Although it almost seems like magic, the truth is that people (hundreds of thousands? millions?), through hard work, innovation and visionary thinking have brought us to our present reality. Let's see where it all began...
From San Francisco, we head southwest to explore the incomparable Silicon Valley, global center of technology and innovation. Your guide will give you a narrated tour of the highlights before arriving at the famous Facebook "Thumbs Up" sign for a selfie stop.
Next, you'll visit the Apple Visitors Center. With its bright, open architecture reflective of the private Apple campus, you'll enjoy the Visitors Center's interactive exhibits, beautiful rooftop park and gift shop, bursting with all things Apple.
To gain an understanding of the evolution of technology, a visit to the Computer History Museum is a must. From the Univac to autonomous vehicles and beyond, from basement start-ups to major tech players, the exhibits here will inform, entertain and give you a new appreciation for the field, the pioneers and the possibilities.
Say what you will, where would we all be without Google? We will visit their campus, have a look around and stop in the gift shop to get all your "must-have" Google gear.
Finally, we head to Silicon Valley's backyard, Palo Alto, a hotbed for start-ups and investors. Absorb the start-up culture as you enjoy a downtown lunch break (cost of lunch not included) before we make our way back to San Francisco.
- Cruise ship passengers will need to walk approximately 4 blocks (10 minutes) to get to the meeting point for this tour.
- Guests staying at downtown San Francisco hotels and Silicon Valley hotels will be picked up by the tour operator.
- No bottled water is provided for sustainability reasons. We suggest bringing a refillable bottle with you as there are drinking fountains available throughout the day.
- Bring money for lunch and shopping.
- Dress for the weather. Bring sunglasses and sunblock.
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people to operate.
- This tour can accommodate groups of up to 13 people.
- If you have a small, collapsible wheelchair and are able to transfer in and out of the vehicle, you will be able to enjoy this tour. Please be aware there is not much room in the mini-coach for storage, so the wheelchair must be small. If you have questions, please contact ShoreTrips prior to booking.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
- The itinerary will change slightly on Saturdays due to the closure of Google's gift shop.
- Some activities are not accessible in extreme weather or due to road closures. Every attempt will be made to find comparable activities if these options are not available.
- Please be aware the venues we see are places of business. Although we are able to take you to the public spaces, no one is allowed into the working buildings on the campuses.
Days offered: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday