Sonoma And Napa Wine Country TourExplore > United States > California > Sonoma And Napa Wine Country Tour
Discover the beautiful beginnings of rich Cabernets, fruity Merlots and sparkling Rosés.
The Mediterranean climate of Napa and Sonoma, with fertile soils, gently rolling hills and ocean breezes provide ideal conditions for growing some of the world's best wine-producing grapes.
Heading north out of San Francisco, we'll cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, stopping on the other side for a panoramic view of the city skyline, San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Driving through the Marin Headlands your guide will inform you about its history and ecosystem as you admire the spectacular rugged coastal scenery.
Continuing on, we begin to enter the rolling hills of wine country! Surrounded on all sides by lush vineyards, you'll be anxious to stop and get a closer look. Your guide has arranged a 45-minute tram ride through a family-owned winery. Traveling through the property you will learn about the art and science of biodynamic winemaking, see the fermentation facilities, wine caves, and bottling process. At last, the time has arrived for you to move from tour to tasting and you'll delight in sampling some of their signature varietals.
At this winery or perhaps their sister property, we'll enjoy an outdoor deli-style lunch (weather-permitting), surrounded by vineyards and beautiful countryside. The afternoon will be spent driving the rolling hills and visiting additional wineries in Oakville, Yountville or the town of Napa, each offering tastings of their finest, award-winning wines. Or in lieu of one of the wineries, a stop might instead be made a local public market, offering a wide variety of products, including wines, cheeses, charcuterie and everything in between.
As we make our way back to the city, there will be a stop to take photos of the dramatic San Francisco skyline before we once again cross the Golden Gate Bridge at the end of the day.
- Cruise ship passengers will need to walk approximately 4 blocks (10 minutes) to get to the meeting point for this tour.
- No bottled water is provided for sustainability reasons. We suggest bringing a refillable bottle with you as there are drinking fountains available throughout the day.
- Three wine tastings are included in the cost of the tour. Bring money for additional tastings or shopping.
- You will be asked to pre-order your lunch choices during the check out process.
- Lunch choices are turkey, roast beef, ham or a vegetarian sandwich, all on whole-wheat bread. All sandwiches come with lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, onions, and pickle. The vegetarian sandwich also includes olives, sprouts, pepperoncini, and cucumbers. Turkey comes with pasta salad, roast beef and ham come with potato salad and vegetarian comes with coleslaw. All lunches include a piece of fruit and a cookie or brownie.
- Dress for the weather. Bring sunglasses and sunblock.
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people to operate.
- This tour can accommodate groups of up to 13 people.
- This tour is not wheel-chair accessible.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
- All guests must be age 21 or older to participate in wine tastings. IDs will be checked upon arrival at the winery.
- The order of the sites are subject to change.
- We will do our best to accommodate any food allergies. You will be asked about this during the check-out process.
Days offered: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday