Muir Woods And Wine Country With Wine TastingsExplore > United States > California > Muir Woods And Wine Country With Wine Tastings
Trade the rush of the city for the natural beauty of Muir Woods and the romance of wine country.
This family-owned and operated company prides itself on high quality, small group, interesting and fun tours from their San Francisco base. Their commitment to the environment is evidenced by their use of bio-fuel tour vehicles.
Heading north out of San Francisco, you'll cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, stopping on the other side for a panoramic view of the city skyline, San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Driving through the Marin Headlands your guide will inform you about its history and ecosystem as you admire the spectacular rugged coastal scenery.
Just ahead is Muir Woods National Monument, an awe-inspiring forest best known for its towering cathedral of old-growth redwood trees. Named after John Muir, naturalist, environmentalist and "Father of the National Parks", these woods are contemplative, earthy, ancient. You'll spend an hour or more here, allowing you time to appreciate and reconnect with nature.
Continuing on, you begin to enter the rolling, romantic hills of wine country! Lunch will take place at a restaurant located in the historic Sonoma Plaza with its Spanish Colonial City Hall. Take in the Mission San Francisco de Solano or browse the shops and boutiques.
Back in your touring vehicle, surrounded on all sides by lush vineyards, you'll be anxious to stop and get a closer look. You'll visit two beautiful vineyards, one in Sonoma, the other in Napa. Both wineries are passionate about the art of creating exemplary wines. Take your time and savor their finest reds, whites, and dessert varietals offered for your enjoyment.
As you return to the city, you'll have one final view of the San Francisco skyline as you cross the Golden Gate Bridge at the end of the day.
- Dress for the weather. Bring sunglasses and sunblock.
- Don't forget your camera.
- No bottled water is provided for sustainability reasons. We suggest bringing a refillable bottle with you as there are drinking fountains available throughout the day.
- Bring money for additional tastings or shopping.
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people to operate.
- This tour can accommodate groups of up to 13 people.
- The Muir Woods entrance fee is not included in the cost of the tour. The price is $15 per person and is subject to change.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
- All guests must be age 21 or older to participate in wine tastings. All IDs will be checked upon arrival at the winery. There may be reduced pricing for non-alcohol drinking adults. Contact ShoreTrips for rates.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- The order of the sites is subject to change.
Days offered: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday