Muir Woods, Sausalito And Wine Country With Wine Tastings
Trade the rush of the city for the natural beauty of Muir Woods and the romance of wine country.
This family-owned and operated company prides itself on high quality, small group, interesting and fun tours from their San Francisco base. Their commitment to the environment is evidenced by their use of bio-fuel tour vehicles.
Heading north out of San Francisco, we'll cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, stopping on the other side for a panoramic view of the city skyline, San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Driving through the Marin Headlands your guide will inform you about its history and ecosystem as you admire the spectacular rugged coastal scenery.
Just ahead is Muir Woods National Monument, an awe-inspiring forest best known for its towering cathedral of old-growth redwood trees. Named after John Muir, naturalist, environmentalist and "Father of the National Parks", these woods are contemplative, earthy and ancient. We'll spend an hour or more here, allowing you time to appreciate and reconnect with nature.
Continuing on, we begin to enter the rolling, romantic hills of wine country! A lunch stop will happen at either a vineyard or the Sonoma Town Square. Take in the Mission San Francisco de Solano or browse the shops and boutiques.
Surrounded on all sides by lush vineyards, you'll be anxious to stop and get a closer look. We'll while away the afternoon, stopping at 2 or 3 Sonoma wineries, with at least 2 full flights of wine tastings. Take your time and savor the reds, whites and dessert varietals offered for your enjoyment.
This tour also includes a visit to charming Sausalito, known for its art, shopping and especially its houseboats...some luxurious, some spartan, some quirky, but all interesting and unique.
As we return to the city, you'll have one final view of the San Francisco skyline as we cross the Golden Gate Bridge at the end of the day.
- Dress for the weather. Bring sunglasses and sunblock.
- Don't forget your camera.
- No bottled water is provided for sustainability reasons. We suggest bringing a refillable bottle with you as there are drinking fountains available throughout the day.
- Bring money for additional tastings or shopping.
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people to operate.
- This tour can accommodate groups of up to 13 people.
- The Muir Woods entrance fee is not included in the cost of the tour. The price is $15 per person and is subject to change.
- This tour is not wheel-chair accessible.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
- All guests must be age 21 or older to participate in wine tastings. All IDs will be checked upon arrival at the winery. There may be reduced pricing for non-alcohol drinking adults. Contact ShoreTrips for rates.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- The order of the sites is subject to change.
- There might be additional tasting fees based on the number of wineries visited.
Days offered: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday