A Day In Yosemite National ParkExplore > United States > California > A Day In Yosemite National Park
The journey AND the destination both make for a remarkable day.
Not far from the bustle and energy of San Francisco lies the grandeur of Yosemite National Park. Majestic, serene, gorgeous. Superlatives simply don't do it justice. Take some time to discover it for yourself.
We'll get an early start to make the most of this very special day. With your knowledgeable local guide at the wheel, the tour begins by driving across the Bay Bridge, providing great views of the city skyline, Alcatraz and the Embarcadero.
Continuing on, we'll enter the Central Valley, the largest agricultural area in the United States. This particular area grows an abundance of strawberries, cherries and a variety of nuts. Time and seasonality permitting, we'll make a stop at a roadside stand for you to purchase the freshest of produce. You’ll also have a chance to stock up on snacks and something fresh for lunch at a local grocery store before reaching the remote National Park.
Soon the rolling foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains are in front of us, and shortly thereafter we'll drive through California Gold Rush towns, such as Sonora, Jamestown and Groveland.
We've finally reached Yosemite! Your guide will provide a 90-minute narrated driving tour, showcasing the park's most famous and beloved highlights including the imposing El Capitan, powerful Yosemite Falls, impressive Half Dome, and beautiful Bridalveil Falls. There will be photo stops along the way, including Tunnel View. At 4,500 feet above sea level, this mountainous vantage point affords spectacular views of Yosemite Valley.
Now that you have a general layout of the park, we'll give you 3 hours in the valley to spend as you wish. Hike the nearby trails, take photographs, go for a swim or rent a bike. You could wander through the Yosemite Village, perfectly situated near Yosemite Falls with views of Half Dome, or perhaps visit the Ansel Adams Gallery to appreciate this master's talents at capturing the soul of this incredible place.
After regrouping with our tour, we'll make our way back to the city, with a short stop along the way. A most memorable day, indeed.
- You will meet your tour operator at one of several meeting locations. You will be notified of your exact meeting location and pickup time once your booking is confirmed. Pickup times will vary between 6:50am -7:45am.
- Dress for the weather. Bring sunglasses and wear sneakers or hiking boots.
- From May-October, bring sunblock and insect repellent and optional swimsuit, towel and sandals.
- From November-April, bring a coat, warm hat, and gloves.
- Camera and charger.
- No bottled water is provided for sustainability reasons. We suggest bringing a refillable bottle with you as there are drinking fountains available throughout the day.
- Money for lunch and incidentals.
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people to operate.
- This tour can accommodate up to 23 people.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
- Please note: This tour will not work for most cruise ship passengers. Please check to make sure your ship is in port long enough to participate in this tour prior to booking.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- Due to conditions beyond the control of the tour company (special events, traffic) and the small size of their vehicles/groups, the guides are given the flexibility to tailor your itinerary to best suit the needs of the group. While they guarantee they will do their best to provide all of the highlights within this itinerary (conditions permitting), they do not guarantee them in this specific order.
- This tour typically arrives back to San Francisco by 9pm.
Days offered: 7 days a week