Stroll the streets of Trastevere, where locals come to dine.
To get a taste of Italian culture, you have to get a taste of the food.
Arguably the best way to experience a culture is through its food. During this four-hour walking tour, your local guide will lead you through the dreamy Trastevere neighborhood. This area encompasses everything you've imagined Italy to be and more. With its cobblestone streets, ivy-covered buildings and gorgeous architecture, Trastevere is where the locals choose to dine with their families - making it the perfect location in Rome for a food tour.
During this walking tour, you will explore this Roman neighborhood at night. You'll wind your way through the tiny side streets and spot hidden churches. Along the way, you'll make approximately 8 different food-related stops and get a chance to sample foods that Italians hold close to their hearts.
One of your stops will be at an iconic trattoria. Not only is it a classic Italian restaurant, but this trattoria has award-winning food as well. You'll then travel to a wine cellar that is 150 years older than the Colosseum - its history will blow you away. After tasting wine in this ancient cellar, you'll stop in a famous family-owned cookie factory. Once you've finished munching on some sweets, your group will visit Trastevere's "King of Porchetta" where you'll taste his mouthwatering roast pork and amazing cheeses. Your next visit will be to a local osteria, where you'll sample homemade sumptuous pasta dishes (amatriciana and cacio e pepe) with wine. Then get a taste of Rome's favorite street food - the supplì. A supplì is a fried rice ball stuffed with mozzarella. You'll try the supplì at a hole-in-the-wall takeaway joint, which is considered by many to make the best in the city. To top off the night, you'll stop and taste heavenly "gourmet gelato".
You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food Rome has to offer, and snapping a few photos of this stunning area - this experience will blow you away.
- This is a walking tour, with some uneven pavement. Wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour operates regardless of weather. Bring an umbrella or raincoat if rain is in the forecast.
- Transportation to and from the meeting location is not included. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- This tour does not operate during the month of August, EXCEPT for August 1-4th. If you have any questions, please contact ShoreTrips.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- The order of the sites visited may vary.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday