Horseback Adventure With Jungle River Cruise ComboExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Horseback Adventure With Jungle River Cruise Combo
Horses and an eco park. What more do you want?
When people come back from vacation you often hear them saying they "biked this" or "hiked that" so let us help you avoid being another traveling tale. Unless you own one its not every day you get a chance to ride a horse and unless you live there its not every day you get a chance to ride a horse in Costa Rica. Well lets kill two birds with one stone and take advantage of this opportunity to explore on horseback the magnificent Costa Rican wilderness.
After getting picked up from the cruise pier you will get a taste of your future exploration as you drive through the countryside to our destination. After some time to unwind and use the bathrooms you will meet a local cowboy, who has devoted his life to horses, and will consider your experience and needs before pairing you with the perfect horse. Your ride will take you through mangroves, dense rainforest, a beautiful beach and a rushing river, where many huge crocodiles, scarlet macaws, howler monkeys, aquatic birds and more wildlife species are easy to see.
Once off the horse our tour will continue with a short drive to Tarcoles River, where a 60 minute eco boat tour will allow you to relax and enjoy the abundant wildlife of the area from an up close perspective. The Tarcoles River is home to one of the world’s largest crocodile populations in the wild and they are very easy to admire during our tour.
After these two great adventures, return to the pier.
- Please wear long pants, tennis shoes or similar, sun block, bug spray and bring a rain coat from May to November.
- Lunch is not included in the tour.
- You should be comfortable in the saddle and able to handle 2 hours of riding.
- Participants must be 12 years old.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- Maximum weight is 230 lbs.
- Guest with back/neck injuries or pregnant women may not participate in the tour.
- Guests under the age to 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
Days offered: 7 days a week