Half Day Harry Potter Studio Tour
A day nothing short of magical!
Calling all "Potterheads"! Immerse yourself in the world of Harry and friends as you discover the real magic used to produce theirs.
After a pickup from your hotel we will embark on a magical journey to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio.
Upon arrival, we will visit some of the most magnificent sets from the Harry Potter films, including Platform 9 3/4, the famous brick pillar that is actually the entrance to the train platform to go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Even if you're a Muggle, you can get your picture taken as you "run" through the wall of the platform. Other sets include the Great Hall and the Forbidden Forest, home of the dangerous Whomping Willow. Perhaps most exciting of all is Diagon Alley, where, after Harry first learned he was a wizard, he and Hagrid shopped for his school supplies and endured a hair-raising trip to Gringott's Bank.
Marvel at the meticulously hand-crafted model of Hogwarts Castle. Viewing and appreciating the artistry, talent and attention to detail that went into this iconic symbol of all Harry Potter movies is worth the trip alone.
View the impressive and beautiful costumes, from the Invisibility Cloak to Hermoine's Yule Ball Gown (as well as Ron's "traditional" robes) to the costume of "He Who Shall Not Be Named" and hear about the design elements involved in creating them all.
From Buckbeak the Hippogriff to Aragog the Spider, you'll learn about the animatronics, CGI, scale models and puppeteers used to bring all your favorite Harry Potter creatures to life.
See the door to the Chamber of Secrets, an actual functioning door, no CGI here! And see the Green Screen used to create all of those exciting Quidditch matches. You'll even have the opportunity to fly your broomstick over the streets of London.
Props play a huge part in all things HP and you'll see many of them, from the 900 vials of memories found in the memory cabinet in Professor Dumbledore's office to the adorable moving kittens on the not-so-adorable Professor Umbridge's plates.
In addition to the thousands of props, costumes, drawing and models, you'll hear exciting stories and behind-the-scenes details about the making of each unforgettable Harry Potter film from the actors themselves.
The next time you watch the films, you'll have an entirely new appreciation for all the thoughtful planning, details, creativity and dedication that went into transforming each of J.K Rowling's books into a magical journey on the screen.
- Everyone must purchase both the tour rate and admission fees during check out.
- Please note no guiding is permitted inside. We will provide wait and return transfer service, as well as tickets.
- Don't forget your camera and a charged battery. Photos are allowed in all areas of the studio except the pre-show cinema and green screen areas.
- Please note tickets tend to sell out approximately 1-3 months in advance. Please book ahead to avoid disappointment. We do have special access to tickets with the following time slots: Monday - Thursday 2:30 PM, Friday 12:30 PM, Saturday 9 AM. Pick up would be one hour prior to start time. We can purchase tickets at other times, though they are subject to availability.
- You will not be allowed to bring in large or multiple items of baggage.
Days offered: 7 days a week