Historic Pubs, Beer And Food Of London's Old DocksExplore > United Kingdom > London > Historic Pubs, Beer And Food Of London's Old Docks
The pirates might be gone, but the pubs live on.
The Old Docks of London were a thriving port for hundreds of years. But in 1969, as the area fell into disrepair, the docks were closed. Fast forward 20 years and the ships and wharves have been replaced with apartments, shops, bars and restaurants. Some historic buildings, especially pubs, remain and these are the focus of this tour.
Your knowledgeable guide will regale you with tales of long ago when sailors, thieves, pirates and even artists gathered in these drinking establishments. We re-live those days of yore by visiting 5 of London's oldest taverns. Each one is unique with Old World feel, distinctive decor and beers and ales found only in Britain. Each has its own stories to tell. Hoist a mug of frothy deliciousness, (or a glass of cider if beer isn't your thing) and toast those who came before.
Pubs are also known for their, well, pub food. We'll sample their finest offerings including crispy fish and chips, a savory meat pie and a "surprise" traditional snack.
As we stroll the picturesque waterfront from pub to pub, take time to admire London's beautiful skyline from this unique vantage point.
- This is a walking tour, with some cobblestone streets. Wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour operates regardless of weather. Bring an umbrella or raincoat if rain is in the forecast as we will be outside.
- Transportation to and from the meeting location is not included. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Public transportation is used on this tour. Bring an Oyster card, travel card or contactless card.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- The order of the sites visited may vary.
- This tour is not available on British Holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Friday