Why walk when you can ride in one of these classic Cuba vehicles!
Who can imagine Havana without a classic car? They are not only prevalent in the historic city center but all around the outskirts as well, as they are used for transportation, not just tourism! There is something so special about riding in these cars and hearing how they use incredible parts to keep them running is definitely part of that story.
Your panoramic tour will take you through the highlights of Havana. You will have a guide and a driver, occasionally that is one person but most of the time it will be 2. That is a consideration when you are arriving with more than a few people as you will be in separate cars. Centro Habana is a definite and as you peer into the windows of the old buildings with streets that allow driving, you will be fascinated.
Much of your time will be passing by the neighborhoods outside the city center. The John Lennon statue in the park and also Cristobal Colon Cemetery are special. Neuvo Vedado and Vedado are lovely neighborhoods that demonstrated the strata of life in Cuba.
The Capitol and Revolution Square - all a must. Driving by Quinta de los Molinos, the University of Havana, 23rd Street, and viewing the Havana Forest covers much of what you read as must-see. Gracious Miramar is a leafy diplomatic quarter of broad avenues, weeping laurel trees and fine private restaurants and you will cruise through that as well.
And of course a drive along the sea wall, the Malecon where you will see folks strolling along and lovers chatting. Most likely you will see a few with fishing poles passing the time of day, watching for dinner.
Your 4 hours experience will end at the famous Hotel Nacional where you will enjoy a local drink so you can toast your day.
- Please note the availability of private guides in Havana is limited so please book in advance.
- Please dress comfortably with good walking shoes.
- Sunscreen, camera with secure strap, perhaps a hat, will protect you from the sun.
- Your classic car ride will be approximately 3-4 hours (as time allows) and is often a convertible. There is not a guide in each car but you will be informed of what you are going to see and you will stop when possible. If you would like a guide in each car, contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- A local drink is included at the last stop, Hotel Nacional.
- You are traveling under a general license, 31 CFR 515.574 - Support for the Cuban People. Travelers must keep a copy of their voucher for 5 years per OFAC regulations.
- If you are booking more than one tour while in Cuba, the standard itinerary stops may overlap. Call ShoreTrips at 414-964-2100 to arrange custom alternative stops. We will help make suggestions.
- This tour may change itinerary based on traffic and other factors. Regardless you will see the highlights of Havana.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. We must be notified in advance of any walking problems.
- At the conclusion of your tour you will have to return to your cruise ship.
Days offered: 7 days a week