An exhilarating hike through the Denali wilderness!
Take a walk on the wild side.
Trek through the wild Alaskan backcountry with an experienced local naturalist at your side. In this tour, you’ll get to explore remote areas that are normally a full day’s hike away.
Your tour includes an exhilarating 15 minute round trip helicopter flight that takes you to the boundaries of Denali National Park. You head to a ridge overlooking the Yanert and Moody river valleys, where spectacular vistas of the Alaska Range dominate the landscape.
On your soft-adventure hike down the ridge, Mt. McKinley towers on the western horizon and Mt. Deborah provides an impressive backdrop to the east. Your naturalist-guide will pause frequently to explain the flora and fauna. You may see a variety of wildlife, including Dall sheep, caribou, moose, and bear, as well as hoary marmots, pikas, and birds. Your hike will also present you with unforgettable views of the rolling hills, tundra ridgelines, and spectacular vistas of Alaska. You’ll have a chance to relax on a hillside over looking the valley and enjoy a small snack. Limited to small groups of no more than 12, this truly unique tour will leave you with a new appreciation for Alaska.
- A light snack is provided. Due to unpredictable Alaskan weather, we advise dressing in layers, which will allow you to stay warm and dry as the outdoor environment changes. For this event, please also bring comfortable hiking or walking shoes and a jacket that can shield you from light wind or rain. Don't forget your camera and binoculars for the many photo opportunities along the way.
- Please note we provide pick ups from the following locations: Princess Hotel, McKinley Chalet (Holland America), Rainbow Village RV Park, Crow’s Nest Hotel, Denali Bluffs, Denali Grande , Denali Adventure Tours , Tesoro Gas Station, Wilderness Access Center(WAC), Mercantile (Riley Creek Campground), Visitor Center Bus Stop, Train Depot, Denali Park Village, Grizzly Bear Cabins & Campground, Denali Education Center(DEC), Denali Cabins. If your hotel is not on the list, please call us.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 participants and can accommodate a maximum of 11 participants per departure.
- Please note that if you are staying at the McKinley Princess Lodge you are about 100 miles outside of Denali and would have to find your own way to meet the tour. We also do NOT provide pick up from the following locations: Denali Mountain Morning Hostel, Tonglen Lake Lodge, Anywhere in Healy, Totem Lodge, Aurora Lodge, Anywhere in Cantwell, Creekside Cabins.
- Minimum fitness requirements are the ability to regularly walk one mile once or twice a week. The hiking portion of this tour is approximately 3.5 hours long. Be sure to bring your sense of adventure, comfortable walking shoes, warm clothing worn in layers, and rain gear (just in case); sunglasses,
- Tour operates from May 15 to September 18, 2018.
- Please note that surcharge pricing applies to all passengers who weigh over 250 lbs.
Days offered: 7 days a week