This tour gives you a taste of all that is Havana - food, drinks, old cars & eclectic architecture!
If you're lucky enough to go to Cuba, traveling to the famous city of Havana is a must.
There aren't many places on earth that are so distinct and organic to the point where they can't be compared to anyplace else. Havana's bold history can be seen in all aspects of the city from the colorful architecture to the demeanor of locals walking the cobblestone streets. There is a certain rhythm to the city that sets the tone for your entire visit.
After a pick up in Cienfuegos you will be transferred to Havana. The drive is approxiamtely 3 hours each way. To get a true pulse of the city, Havana is best explored on foot. Its revolutionary past can be seen around every turn as crumbling colonial buildings are woven between five large plazas that make up the architecture of Old Havana. The historical squares you will navigate give off the perfect aura of authenticity that leaves each plaza as fascinating as the last. Everywhere you turn provides a new discovery. During your walking tour, you'll stop at the La Vitrola or Ambos Mundos Hotel to rest your feet and reflect on your journey so far as you sip on a drink.
After working up an appetite exploring the Old Havana, take a break for lunch at a delicious Cuban restaurant. Once your stomach is filled and satisfied, we'll grab one of these now famous cars and take off for some of the most famous areas around Havana. Iconic spots like the Museo de la Revolucion provide perfect opportunities for your local guide to take you into the Havana time machine as you learn about the transformation of this former presidential palace. Then you'll visit the Colon Cemetery, named after Christopher Columbus. Here you will see a unique 150 acre grid layout that organizes occupants in order of their social class. The higher you were regarded socially, the more prominent your spot is on main boulevards. The stories are endless among its inhabitants!
Towards the end of the tour, wind down with a drink at the Hall of Fame Bar at the Nacional Hotel while strolling through their charming garden. From here, you'll begin your journey back to Cienfuegos.
- All food and beverages as mentioned in the itinerary are included in the tour cost.
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary are included in the tour cost.
- The drive from Cienfuegos to Havana is approximately 3 hours each way. You will have approximately 7 hours of touring in Havana.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. There are often steps to enter some of the highlights.
- We suggest sunscreen and a hat for protection.
- Driving portion in Havana is approximately 2 hours. The classic cars are often convertibles.
- You are traveling under a general license, 31 CFR 515.574 - Support for the Cuban People. Travelers must keep a copy of their voucher for 5 years per OFAC regulations.
- We will make arrangements for meaningful dialogue with locals throughout your day! These memories and personal interactions will last a lifetime.
- Please note the availability of private guides in Havana is limited so please book in advance.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. We must be notified in advance of any walking problems.
- This tour is not recommended for travelers with limited mobility.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you would prefer to have a newer vehicle with air conditioning.
- It is unusual to have your ship tendered in this port. In the event it is necessary, your arrival on to land will be later than planned. Your guide will be waiting for you and will help you determine the best itinerary under the circumstance. This is so rare but, as your guide will be waiting for you, there will be no adjustment to the cost.
- At the conclusion of your tour you will have to return to your cruise ship.
Days offered: 7 days a week