Full Day Excursion To Jungfraujoch From BernExplore > Switzerland > Bern > Full Day Excursion To Jungfraujoch From Bern
Take a train high into the Alps to the "Top of Europe" for an unforgettable day.
Bern is a lovely city. You should take some time to explore it. But once you've done that, do not pass up this opportunity to venture into the Alps, feel the snow crunch under your feet and breathe in the brisk Alpine air.
Prepare yourself for a long, but exhilarating one-of-a-kind excursion. From Bern, your private driver will pick up the highway, passing Interlaken along the route. The view of Jungfrau, known as the "Queen of the Alps" is just the beginning of the incredible beauty awaiting you on this day.
You'll descend into the Waterfall Valley of Lauterbrunnen to see the cascading falls of Staubbach. The waters from this iconic natural wonder tumble down almost 1,000 feet, causing spray to give the illusion of dust.
At Lauterbrunnen, you'll board a train for the 2 hour trip to Jungfraujoch. The breathtaking views out the window will make the time pass quickly and you'll be in Jungfraujoch before you know it. You have reached the highest railway station in Europe, no small feat, and it is here you can visit the Ice Palace, a smooth, glistening artistic creation carved from the interior of Europe's longest glacier. Look for exquisite ice sculptures of animals tucked into nooks and crannies, delighting at every turn.
Next, you'll be whisked to the Sphinx Observatory Terrace via a lift to an elevation of more than 11,000 feet. This stunning building sits on the very top of a rocky outcropping of the same name and while impressive on its own, the observatory is magnificent when viewed in conjunction with its surroundings. You will be afforded incredible views of the Aletsch Glacier, the largest river of ice in Europe. Although the actual observatory is closed to the public, it is the site of an international research facility with a focus on astronomy, geology, and meteorology.
A lunch reservation will be waiting for you at Restaurant Crystal, offering Swiss and International dishes for what is sure to be one of the most memorable meals of you life!
It's time to head back down the mountain to the mountaineering village of Grindewald. Take one last look at the Alpine country, remembering that you were actually just there a short time ago, before we head back to Bern.
- The inside of the Ice Palace is cold. Please dress accordingly and hold on to hand rails to avoid slipping.
- You will be picked up at your city center hotel or the train station. Specific information will appear on your voucher.
- If you are staying in a hotel outside of the city center, you will have the option of paying a surcharge for pickup at your hotel or making your own way to a central meeting point. You will be contacted regarding your preference after booking the tour.
- If you are driving to Bern, you will be contacted with specific meeting instructions after the tour has been confirmed.
- This tour is not able to accommodate those with limited mobility.
- Although a lunch reservation has been made, the cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week