Post-Cruise Tour - Private Half Day Of Athens - Airport Drop OffExplore > Greece > Athens > Post-Cruise Tour - Private Half Day Of Athens - Airport Drop Off
Your private vehicle and English-speaking driver will show you the best sights of Athens.
If you are arriving on a cruise ship, your tour will depart from Piraeus, the ancient port of Athens. If you are flying in to Athens, your tour will begin at the airport.
Visit the city center and Syntagma Square, essentially the tourist core of the city. Dominated by the old Royal Palace, now the Greek Parliament (where you can see the changing of the guards every hour on the hour!), Syntagma Square is where most of the famous ancient monuments are located. Visit the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, and the National Library.
Now drive down Herod Atticus Street, where you'll see the evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. On your way to the Acropolis, you will see the Panathenaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896), the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and Hadrian's Arch.
Of course, you can't miss the Acropolis, the trademark of Athens. The ancient "high city" is topped with marble temples dedicated to the city's goddess Athena, and dates back to the Late Bronze Age. Following your climb to the top, you'll be rewarded with a visit to the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and, finally, the Parthenon.
Please note that on this tour, your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service, please book our ATHENS CITY TOUR.
- You will be asked your preferred pick up time/information regarding your travel arrangements during check out.
- Please keep in mind that your English-speaking driver cannot enter sites with you.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, beverages, entrance fees, or gratuities.
- Entrance fees to the exhibits will total approximately 15 euros per person.
- Please note that your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb.
- This tour can only handle luggage for 2 people. If you have more than 2 people in your party, please book the option for larger groups.
Days offered: 7 days a week