Private Tour To The Steve Kroschel Wildlife CenterExplore > United States > Skagway > Private Tour To The Steve Kroschel Wildlife Center
This private tour ensures exceptional access to a wide variety of animals.
This exclusive private tour begins with a 45-minute catamaran cruise from Skagway to Haines. The steep-walled fjords, crashing waterfalls and bald eagles seen along the way make the boat ride almost a tour unto itself. But the main attraction lies ahead at the wildlife center.
Upon arriving in Haines, you will be met by a friendly, local guide who will transport you to Kroschel's Wildlife Center via the Haines Highway (a National Scenic Byway) and through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve. Stunning views of snow-capped mountains and beautiful wildflowers await your viewing. Keep an eye open for moose, bear, swans and bald eagles who inhabit this area. Your diver will make stops for photo ops along the way.
Haines, Alaska is fortunate to be home to this unique refuge, Kroschel's Wildlife Center. Independent filmmaker and naturalist Steve Kroschel founded this park as a place for abandoned and orphaned animals. Here they are taken in and lovingly cared for by a dedicated staff who will share their knowledge about each animal and its place in our fragile eco-system.
Usually tours to the park are done in a large group setting. This private tour affords the rare opportunity for you and your family or group to interact with a wide variety of animals very up close and personal. Lynx, moose, grizzly bear, wolves, fox, weasels and reindeer are just a few of the animals you will see, hold, pet or feed. You can even choose to spend more time with your favorite. Keep your camera ready to capture this very special experience.
After enjoying the Wildlife Center for at least 1 and a half hours, it's time to head back to Skagway. Your driver will provide a picnic lunch as you make your way back to the ferry pier.
Everyone in the family from kids through grandparents, will thoroughly enjoy this tour from beginning to end.
- The weather can be changeable. Dress in layers.
- Be sure to bring your camera.
- There is some uphill walking involved in this tour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Animal species visited depends on availability and can change on each tour.
- PLEASE NOTE: that this trip may have cancellation fees, even if cancellation is received 11 days or more prior to the tour date. This is an exception to the normal ShoreTrips Terms of Service. Please contact ShoreTrips for any cancellation inquiries. We STRONGLY suggest to take out travel insurance to cover any cancellation fees that may apply.
Days offered: 7 days a week