Historical Walking Tour Of Old San JuanExplore > Puerto Rico > Historical Walking Tour Of Old San Juan
This tour can be customized to your interests.
Old San Juan is a 465-year-old neighborhood which originally served as a military stronghold. Within its space of 7 square blocks, you will find over 400 16th and 17th century buildings carefully restored for commercial and residential use today.
We have walked this area time after time but until we did so with a guide backed by the knowledge and history of the area, we never realized the depth of the historical and cultural impact of San Juan itself.
There is a magical feeling to the area of Old San Juan. Your walk will begin at the water's edge and continue to follow the city wall where the view is spectacular and the past will come alive. You will have the chance to see the San Juan Gate, San Juan Cathedral and the town square.
This special itinerary was created to deliver an entertaining venture in this historical city.
Towards the end of the tour, your guide will present many options for the perfect commencement. One option is to visit the Don Q Rum Store.
Another option is to end at Columbus Square, also known as Plaza de Colón. This area is known to have local artists and musicians gather in this area. There will be plenty of entertainment for everyone to enjoy.
- The meeting location for this tour is located inside Old San Juan. More information will be provided upon confirmation. If your cruise ship docks at the Old San Juan Piers (1, 2, 3, & 4), then it is no more than a 5 minute walk to the meeting location. If your ship docks at the Pan-American Pier, you will have to take a 5-8 minute cab ride to the meeting location (walking is not recommended). If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Please choose a time that is close to your arrival time in port. All times are flexible and will be adjusted according to your arrival.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for walking up stairs, steep grades and pavement. If you have special interests for your day, please contact ShoreTrips when making your reservation.
- Late departures are frequently requested. Please be advised that the sun sets around 5:30pm in San Juan (depending on the season) and some public buildings are not open.
- We would like a minimum of 2 participants for this tour to operate.
- The $5.00 admission to the Fort is not included. It will be collected at the time of the tour, should you decide to visit.
Days offered: 7 days a week